SemperLegal wrote:throw-away-soon wrote:...
My cousin was allowed in despite having a mental health diagnosis after being off medications for over a year. I know several people with much worse criminal records who were allowed in. Yeah, a combination of these things isn't good, but it's wrong that the military can legally discriminate. Sure, you can make the argument that people with mental health problems could go on a shooting rampage or something, but that's such an unlikely scenerio. I don't know of any person with my diagnosis who went on a shooting spree. Those people typically have personality disorders or PTSD, I don't have either. Mine isn't linked to violence.
The government can't disqualify people for disabilities or health conditions, nor can any employer, yet the military can, even in non combat positions? In non combat zones? I think that's highly hypocritical, especially when we NEED people in the military.
The only reason I don't want combat is I don't morally agree with the current military invasions, and am not really down with shooting people like that. I don't give a fuck about getting shot or blown up, I have done plenty of dangerous things, risked my life plenty of times, si don't try to imply I'ma coward because I don't want to run around the dessert shooting random people who are defending their country after we invaded because they had WMDs...a lot of the people fighting aginst US combat soilders aren't pyscho terrorists bent on killing innocent American civilians. IPeople who stick needles in their arms and whereever else there's a vein daily for years, been involved with gang activity, and have suicide attempts usually aren't afraid of danger...so I think that bit was truly an idiotic assumption. Not wanting to kill people for a living is different than being scared of getting shot.
1. We don't need you. The military is massively overstaffed and is trying to shed very qualified officers and enlisted, they certainly do not want people who don't realize that the war in Iraq has been over for more than a year or think being in the military is "killing people for a living"
2. Having served next to drug users and gang members before, most of you are the biggest pussies around who either go missing before deployments or beg the real men to break your legs so you don't have to deploy (with one notable exception)
3. Who with PTSD is going on rampages?
4. The military doesn't owe you a career. Its under no obligation to be fair or not discriminate towards you, it doesn't reflect democratic values, it protects themn.
5. If you go to law school, you are going to have a relapse, you may not be using, but you are not sober.
Lol someone has some serious issues...
Hmm...don't snipers literally get paid to kill people?
You don't remember the sniper and fellow veteran that just got capped at the shooting range by a guy with PTSD? There are plenty of people w PTSD who have killed people. Google if you don't believe me.
When did I say I was "entitled" to be in the military? You prick. I said the military should operate other public institutions...learn to read.
The definition of relapse is a return to active use. So you can't relapse of you don't go back to using, moron.
Most of us? So you know most gang members and addicts in the world? Get over yourself. Just because you got paid to run around with weapons meant to kill others doesn't make you courageous, brave, or a good person.
I wonder if there's a correlation with self esteem issues and the likelihood of owning a gun or becoming a cop/enlisting...
There are plenty of sober, non addict military pussies who have dishonorable discharges. There's plenty sober AWOL Ex military people who got cold feet and were never in a gang, so get off your high hourse.
I shake thinking moronic assholes like you are "protecting my freedom." But then again, maybe since you're the main representative of Americans in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, that's why they're not too fond of us...
Wow, you're an ass.
How do you know I'm going to relapse? Can you see in to the future or something? Maybe you should get a reality show like the medium and make bank!