When do I hear back?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
e_mac7

When do I hear back?

Postby e_mac7 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:48 pm

So, the old question pops up again...
I applied to about 8 law schools today and I was wondering, do I get a confirmation e-mail from each law school regarding their receiving my applications even if the LSAC website says they requested my stuff?
Also, looking obsessively at the law school numbers stuff some of the law schools I applied to gave results as early as 9 days later, is this very atypical?
On average, being a URM and what not should I expected to hear back until May?

jcan91

Re: When do I hear back?

Postby jcan91 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:39 am

e_mac7 wrote:So, the old question pops up again...
I applied to about 8 law schools today and I was wondering, do I get a confirmation e-mail from each law school regarding their receiving my applications even if the LSAC website says they requested my stuff?
Also, looking obsessively at the law school numbers stuff some of the law schools I applied to gave results as early as 9 days later, is this very atypical?

There's no single timeline that is widely applicable. It varies from school to school and applicant to applicant within each school. Even if you are URM you can't judge that well when you'll be hearing back. I've seen URMs get replies within two weeks of applying, even after applying late in the cycle (February), but I've also seen URMs apply very early (September) and no hear back from anywhere until at least December.

All you can do at this point is wait for the status checkers to start rolling in, then check obsessively like the rest of us until good news start flowing your way.

Good luck!

e_mac7

Re: When do I hear back?

Postby e_mac7 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:11 am

jcan91 wrote:
e_mac7 wrote:So, the old question pops up again...

There's no single timeline that is widely applicable. It varies from school to school and applicant to applicant within each school. Even if you are URM you can't judge that well when you'll be hearing back. I've seen URMs get replies within two weeks of applying, even after applying late in the cycle (February), but I've also seen URMs apply very early (September) and no hear back from anywhere until at least December.

All you can do at this point is wait for the status checkers to start rolling in, then check obsessively like the rest of us until good news start flowing your way.

Thank you. :) Do the law schools that requested my LSAC report send me an application status checker through their website? Good luck on your apps!
Good luck!

Return to “Law School FAQ”