Is it possible to switch over to AJD after submitting my app

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Dmini7

Is it possible to switch over to AJD after submitting my app

Postby Dmini7 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:55 pm

I was not too sure where to post this, but I think this would be the right location. I had recently sent in all my applications and originally applied to Northwestern under rolling decision for their 3 yr program. I thought the AJD program was much more competitive, and focused much more on having multiple years of work experience, but it looks like only 100 people applied(maybe that means 100 with LSAT scores?) and 38 were accepted, making me feel my odds of getting in would be much more favorable through this program. Is it possible to ask them to move my application to their AJD pool? If so would a simple email stating I was more interested in the AJD suffice?

Br3v

Re: Is it possible to switch over to AJD after submitting my app

Postby Br3v » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Dmini7 wrote:I was not too sure where to post this, but I think this would be the right location. I had recently sent in all my applications and originally applied to Northwestern under rolling decision for their 3 yr program. I thought the AJD program was much more competitive, and focused much more on having multiple years of work experience, but it looks like only 100 people applied(maybe that means 100 with LSAT scores?) and 38 were accepted, making me feel my odds of getting in would be much more favorable through this program. Is it possible to ask them to move my application to their AJD pool? If so would a simple email stating I was more interested in the AJD suffice?

I think if you email asking to change you could. But you shouldn't just because you think it will give you better chances at getting in though.

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Br3v wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:I was not too sure where to post this, but I think this would be the right location. I had recently sent in all my applications and originally applied to Northwestern under rolling decision for their 3 yr program. I thought the AJD program was much more competitive, and focused much more on having multiple years of work experience, but it looks like only 100 people applied(maybe that means 100 with LSAT scores?) and 38 were accepted, making me feel my odds of getting in would be much more favorable through this program. Is it possible to ask them to move my application to their AJD pool? If so would a simple email stating I was more interested in the AJD suffice?

I think if you email asking to change you could. But you shouldn't just because you think it will give you better chances at getting in though.

Yeah it was as simple as an email. I don't think it will really matter in the long run, I am more than likely an autoding anyway, it would just work out better for my family if I were able to do the AJD. I thought I had updated this post to alert others of the process if they were interested, I guess i did not :oops:

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
Br3v wrote:

Yeah it was as simple as an email. I don't think it will really matter in the long run, I am more than likely an autoding anyway, it would just work out better for my family if I were able to do the AJD. I thought I had updated this post to alert others of the process if they were interested, I guess i did not :oops:

sure you did, and good luck!

Return to “Law School FAQ”