Which schools offer off-site interviews upon request?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Err26

Which schools offer off-site interviews upon request?

Postby Err26 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:34 am

Is there a comprehensive list of law schools that offer off-site interviews with alumni? If you know of any schools that do, can you please post them here? I know it's basically essential for Northwestern, and Vandy also offers them, but I haven't found any other schools that allow me to request an interview. My LSAT score isn't stellar but I think I can increase my chances with a successful interview, so I want to try to interview with every school that will allow me to. Any suggestions for schools? Thank you!

rinkrat19

Re: Which schools offer off-site interviews upon request?

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:36 am

Most schools don't interview as a part of the application process at all, on- or off-campus.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:41 am

Err26 wrote:My LSAT score isn't stellar but I think I can increase my chances with a successful interview

Nah.

Err26

Postby Err26 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:53 am

rad lulz wrote:
Err26 wrote:My LSAT score isn't stellar but I think I can increase my chances with a successful interview

Nah.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. ;-) It's not like I'm expecting to get into HYS with a 155 and an awesome interview. My LSAT score is fine. It gives me at least a shot at going to most places I want to go to. I'm just saying if I'm on the cusp or WL or something, I don't think there is any way that a good interviews couldn't increase my chances at least slightly.

That said, I know most schools don't offer interviews as part of the process and most that do send targeted requests to students, and don't allow students to self-request. That's why I'm asking. Are there any other Top 50ish schools besides Northwestern and Vandy that allow students to request off-site interviews?

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:58 am

Err26 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:

Nah.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. ;-) It's not like I'm expecting to get into HYS with a 155 and an awesome interview. My LSAT score is fine. It gives me at least a shot at going to most places I want to go to. I'm just saying if I'm on the cusp or WL or something, I don't think there is any way that a good interviews couldn't increase my chances at least slightly.

That said, I know most schools don't offer interviews as part of the process and most that do send targeted requests to students, and don't allow students to self-request. That's why I'm asking. Are there any other Top 50ish schools besides Northwestern and Vandy that allow students to request off-site interviews?

Retake.

Return to “Law School FAQ”