Disclosing Additional Applications?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
bob loblaw11

Disclosing Additional Applications?

Postby bob loblaw11 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Some schools have sections asking applicants to disclose additional applications. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to fully disclosing ALL schools?

Fordham has such a section, and is a top pick and likely choice for me. I'd hate to disclose a school that steals from Fordham's applicant pool, only to have Fordham try to yield protect. Anyone have experience with this?

TheThriller

Re: Disclosing Additional Applications?

Postby TheThriller » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Arrested Development, great show

amitty1019

Postby amitty1019 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:21 pm

I've been wondering about this too. I applied to Fordham a few weeks ago and told them all the schools I was applying to, but I decided recently to add another two schools to my list- do I need to update Fordham?

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Seems like you've answered your own question. If you're afraid that you may become a victim of yield protection, or be denied a scholarship offer, then don't disclose. Unlikely that disclosure will help. The better time to disclose is during scholarship negotiations when you have an acceptance in hand from a higher ranked law school or a substantial scholarship offer from a lower ranked law school that competes in the same market.

Return to “Law School FAQ”