Law School in a New City?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
grahamkellis

Law School in a New City?

Postby grahamkellis » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:29 am

I'm a fairly social person and usually don't have a problem making friends, but it's certainly an worry for me to go to move to a city where I don't know a soul for school. What is the social life of law school like? Camaraderie? (sp?) Thanks in advance.

Re: Law School in a New City?

Postby 2014 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:40 am

You will most likely spend most of your waking hours with law school students so the meeting people is kind of taken care of for you. It's beneficial to meet people outside of the bubble and being social helps with that, but I haven't really figured out how to meet randoms either so I can't say much about it. Only that you shouldn't worry about showing up alone since almost everyone else is in the same boat and becomes friends as a result.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:42 am

2014 wrote:You will most likely spend most of your waking hours with law school students so the meeting people is kind of taken care of for you. It's beneficial to meet people outside of the bubble and being social helps with that, but I haven't really figured out how to meet randoms either so I can't say much about it. Only that you shouldn't worry about showing up alone since almost everyone else is in the same boat and becomes friends as a result.

Maybe not so much, especially if you go to USC.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource. ... ction=DESC

Would love for people to weigh in on the below thread concerning campus safety. I know the topic has been discussed before, but not right after a shooting at USC.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=197169

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Yes, you should not walk around Watts late at night looking to make friends. With that huge caveat in mind, you'll meet plenty of people in law school. The first several weeks are built to integrate the new students into the LS community, with student orgs putting on lots of events. Keep in mind that wherever you go, a substantial portion of the other 1Ls will be in the same situation, in a new city and looking to meet people.

pahuber2

Postby pahuber2 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:25 am

Thanks for having the courage to ask this question, it has been crossing my mind.

banjo

Postby banjo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:11 am

Good question. Do you guys also find that it's easy to meet non-law students? Maybe through inter-school mixers and so on?

Return to “Law School FAQ”