How do I upload a recommendation letter on LSAC? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Pokarface

New

How do I upload a recommendation letter on LSAC?

Post by Pokarface » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:16 pm

I've filled the information to send an e-mail to my professor that lives on a different city.
He opened the E-mail that is supposed to send him to the LSAC website, but every time he clicks on the link it appears broken.

Must he make an account as a recommender? I can't find the option on the LSAC.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Re: How do I upload a recommendation letter on LSAC?

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Pokarface wrote:I've filled the information to send an e-mail to my professor that lives on a different city.
He opened the E-mail that is supposed to send him to the LSAC website, but every time he clicks on the link it appears broken.

If he's being sent a link it should work... someone on here said LSAC was having tech probs recently. Tell him to retry link in a day or two and if not working email LSAC or call them and have them contact him maybe? Or maybe his browser has a pop-up blocker? I don't know that anyone can answer without troubleshooting, and that is something you, LSAC, and/or recommender should be doing. Then again maybe now you do need to separately open a recommender account, but I feel 99 percent certain that is not the case. Good luck.

Pokarface

New

Post by Pokarface » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:58 am

Lawquacious wrote:
Pokarface wrote:I've filled the information to send an e-mail to my professor that lives on a different city.

If he's being sent a link it should work... someone on here said LSAC was having tech probs recently. Tell him to retry link in a day or two and if not working email LSAC or call them and have them contact him maybe? Or maybe his browser has a pop-up blocker? I don't know that anyone can answer without troubleshooting, and that is something you, LSAC, and/or recommender should be doing. Then again maybe now you do need to separately open a recommender account, but I feel 99 percent certain that is not the case. Good luck.
It might be the hurricane that hit the East coast, I just remembered about the incident ='-(

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:36 pm

as far as i know you need to mail in your LOR, it cant be uploaded electronically

Learning9

New

Post by Learning9 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:26 pm

LORs can be uploaded eletronically.

My boss just did this on Nov. 2. I entered his info. on my LSAC account and he received an e-mail with a link. He clicked on the link and then had to make an account on a site. From there he uploaded his LOR. BTW, when a LOR is uploaded eletronically, the LSAC form automatically gets submitted with it......you only have to include it if mailing the LOR physically (I called LSAC and they confirmed this).

About an hour after my boss uploaded his LOR I received an e-mail from LSAC stating that they received it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”