Typical LS Graduate Age? Does Your UG School Really Matter? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Swimp

Bronze

Re: Typical LS Graduate Age? Does Your UG School Really Matter?

Post by Swimp » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:38 am

ksllaw wrote:Hi.

What would you guys consider a good UG? Top 25? Top 50? Top 75?

Would U Wisc-Madison be good enough to matter in a postiive way? Or bad enough to either hurt or not matter?

(ETA: Not that it would matter much, but I spent summer school at Stanford one year...can't really list that I'm guessing.)
I think for the purposes of post-LS employment, it probably depends on the geographical region you're trying to get a job in. If you're interviewing in Wisconsin, there's a good chance that coming from UW Madison would be an asset. With NYC firms, maybe not.

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:03 am

Swimp wrote:
ksllaw wrote:Hi.

What would you guys consider a good UG? Top 25? Top 50? Top 75?

Would U Wisc-Madison be good enough to matter in a postiive way? Or bad enough to either hurt or not matter?

(ETA: Not that it would matter much, but I spent summer school at Stanford one year...can't really list that I'm guessing.)
I think for the purposes of post-LS employment, it probably depends on the geographical region you're trying to get a job in. If you're interviewing in Wisconsin, there's a good chance that coming from UW Madison would be an asset. With NYC firms, maybe not.
Madison is very respectable in the Midwest. I think on the east coast, they might not appreciate it as much because it's a state school. But if you're looking in Chicago, people will recognize.

guinness1547

Silver

Post by guinness1547 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:33 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”