Professional Letters of Recomendation

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Professional Letters of Recomendation

Postby Reaper718 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:23 am

This is my last question regarding app stuff and even though I searched for it I would like some up to date thoughts on this question.

I graduated college in May of 2009 with the expectation of going to law school the next cycle. As with anything in life, this did not go according to plan and I eventually accepted employment by a district attorney's office as a paralegal 6 months later. I am going into my 3rd year here as a motion and brief paralegal and love what I do. I have 3 letters of recomendation from professors but was wondering since I have been out of school for a few years now if I should include one letter of recomendation from my boss? I plan on applying to law school on a part-time basis.

What do you guys think?

Re: Professional Letters of Recomendation

Postby Lincoln » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:46 am

I was in a similar situation, but had worked a little bit longer than you. I used one. Didn't seem to hurt me.

Re: Professional Letters of Recomendation

Postby Starscream15 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:33 pm

I don't see why not. The most important thing about a lor is that it is from someone who 1.) Knows you very well and 2.) can demonstrate why they believe you will be a success in law school. If a DA can provide examples of your awesomeness that shows a likelihood of success in school then it is a good lot to include. If the DA doesn't know your name and the lor is generic then don't submit it.

Return to “Law School FAQ”