Criminal Addendum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Reaper718

Criminal Addendum

Postby Reaper718 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:43 am

Hello,

Would the below be suitable to submit to law schools in terms of heading/content?

John Smith LSAC# LXXXXXXXXX
1234 Riding Road
Brooklyn, NY
112XX

Addendum for Criminal Charges

On 1 November 2003, I was ticketed for smoking tobacco on an outdoor train platform by the Metro Transportation Authority Police Department. I plead guilty and paid a $15.00 fine.

On 10 October 2004, I was ticketed for being in a public park after dusk by the New York City Police Department. After appearing in court, I was granted adjournment in contemplation of dismissal. The charges were subsequently dismissed on 7 June 2005.

On 21 July 2007, I was ticketed for underage consumption of alcohol at what is known as a “wet bar” by the New York City Police Department. The bar’s policy was 18 years of age to gain admittance, and 21 years of age to consume alcohol. The bar was raided by police and the drink sitting in front of me was mistaken for alcohol. The charges were dismissed.

On 12 November 2008, I was ticketed for consumption of alcohol in public by the New York City Police Department. I plead guilty and paid a $25.00 fine.

Do I need to add anything else?
Last edited by Reaper718 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Criminal Addendum

Postby 2014 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:52 am

I would throw in a sentence that somehow conveys that in those circumstances you suffered from poor judgment but have since matured and practiced better decision making having no issues for the past several years.

It doesn't have to be any longer than a sentence or two, but typically people here advocate taking responsibility and suggesting you learned from your mistakes.

Reaper718

Re: Criminal Addendum

Postby Reaper718 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:59 am

2014 wrote:I would throw in a sentence that somehow conveys that in those circumstances you suffered from poor judgment but have since matured and practiced better decision making having no issues for the past several years.

It doesn't have to be any longer than a sentence or two, but typically people here advocate taking responsibility and suggesting you learned from your mistakes.

Great advice, thanks.

Return to “Law School FAQ”