Help making decision to attend law school this year

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
kobe1226
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:01 am

Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby kobe1226 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Hello everyone,

I was accepted into a tier 3 law school (USF) this past admissions cycle. I didn't do great on the LSAT, however, I do have a decent gpa (3.36) and I think that I could improve my LSAT score. Should I sit out another year and focus on improving my LSAT? Or is USF considered a good school? Please be honest.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby justonemoregame » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Sit out, improve the LSAT score.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby gaud » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:34 pm

justonemoregame wrote:Sit out, improve the LSAT score.

User avatar
Ozymandias
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:49 am

Re: Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby Ozymandias » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 pm

gaud wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:Sit out, improve the LSAT score.

User avatar
mxmatt137
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby mxmatt137 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Ozymandias wrote:
gaud wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:Sit out, improve the LSAT score.


With that gpa and a strong LSAT you could get into a lower T14 or get scholarships to T1 schools. Worth the wait.

kobe1226
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:01 am

Re: Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby kobe1226 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks everyone! I was honestly thinking the same thing, but it's hard to refocus myself on studying for the LSAT when I have a chance to attend a school. I live in San Francisco and USF has a good reputation around here, but there is a lot of competition from other law schools in this market as well. I don't want to end up regretting it if I end up attending the school.

User avatar
Smumps
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby Smumps » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:47 pm

kobe1226 wrote:Thanks everyone! I was honestly thinking the same thing, but it's hard to refocus myself on studying for the LSAT when I have a chance to attend a school. I live in San Francisco and USF has a good reputation around here, but there is a lot of competition from other law schools in this market as well. I don't want to end up regretting it if I end up attending the school.


I'm from SF. USF is talked about well, but those aren't people doing legal hiring. Remember, you're competing with Stanford/Berkeley/Santa Clara/Hastings and UCLA/USC that want nor cal. Check out LST, I believe USF did very poorly last year. Sit out.

Tekuo
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:49 am

Re: Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby Tekuo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:08 am

kobe1226 wrote:Thanks everyone! I was honestly thinking the same thing, but it's hard to refocus myself on studying for the LSAT when I have a chance to attend a school. I live in San Francisco and USF has a good reputation around here, but there is a lot of competition from other law schools in this market as well. I don't want to end up regretting it if I end up attending the school.


You could attend nd transfer. Look at some of the transfer forums. If you think you can be the top 5% of your 1L, then go to school and transfer.

User avatar
Ozymandias
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:49 am

Re: Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby Ozymandias » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:10 am

Tekuo wrote:
kobe1226 wrote:Thanks everyone! I was honestly thinking the same thing, but it's hard to refocus myself on studying for the LSAT when I have a chance to attend a school. I live in San Francisco and USF has a good reputation around here, but there is a lot of competition from other law schools in this market as well. I don't want to end up regretting it if I end up attending the school.


You could attend nd transfer. Look at some of the transfer forums. If you think you can be the top 5% of your 1L, then go to school and transfer.

Dumb.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby Br3v » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:17 am

Tekuo wrote:
kobe1226 wrote:Thanks everyone! I was honestly thinking the same thing, but it's hard to refocus myself on studying for the LSAT when I have a chance to attend a school. I live in San Francisco and USF has a good reputation around here, but there is a lot of competition from other law schools in this market as well. I don't want to end up regretting it if I end up attending the school.


You could attend nd transfer. Look at some of the transfer forums. If you think you can be the top 5% of your 1L, then go to school and transfer.


OP ignore that advice.

Retake LSAT, your GPA isn't horrible

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby crossarmant » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 am

Ozymandias wrote:
gaud wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:Sit out, improve the LSAT score.

User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby JCFindley » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:13 am

Tekuo wrote:
kobe1226 wrote:Thanks everyone! I was honestly thinking the same thing, but it's hard to refocus myself on studying for the LSAT when I have a chance to attend a school. I live in San Francisco and USF has a good reputation around here, but there is a lot of competition from other law schools in this market as well. I don't want to end up regretting it if I end up attending the school.


You could attend nd transfer. Look at some of the transfer forums. If you think you can be the top 5% of your 1L, then go to school and transfer.


HORRIBLE ADVICE!

You have a 95% chance of not being in the top 5%. You have close to 100% chance of improving the LSAT if you work on it hard.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: taxman14 and 2 guests