Help making decision to attend law school this year

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
kobe1226

Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby kobe1226 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Hello everyone,

I was accepted into a tier 3 law school (USF) this past admissions cycle. I didn't do great on the LSAT, however, I do have a decent gpa (3.36) and I think that I could improve my LSAT score. Should I sit out another year and focus on improving my LSAT? Or is USF considered a good school? Please be honest.

justonemoregame

Re: Help making decision to attend law school this year

Postby justonemoregame » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Sit out, improve the LSAT score.

gaud

Postby gaud » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:34 pm

justonemoregame wrote:Sit out, improve the LSAT score.

Ozymandias

Postby Ozymandias » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 pm

gaud wrote:

mxmatt137

Postby mxmatt137 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Ozymandias wrote:
gaud wrote:

With that gpa and a strong LSAT you could get into a lower T14 or get scholarships to T1 schools. Worth the wait.

kobe1226

Postby kobe1226 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks everyone! I was honestly thinking the same thing, but it's hard to refocus myself on studying for the LSAT when I have a chance to attend a school. I live in San Francisco and USF has a good reputation around here, but there is a lot of competition from other law schools in this market as well. I don't want to end up regretting it if I end up attending the school.

Smumps

Postby Smumps » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:47 pm

kobe1226 wrote:Thanks everyone! I was honestly thinking the same thing, but it's hard to refocus myself on studying for the LSAT when I have a chance to attend a school. I live in San Francisco and USF has a good reputation around here, but there is a lot of competition from other law schools in this market as well. I don't want to end up regretting it if I end up attending the school.

I'm from SF. USF is talked about well, but those aren't people doing legal hiring. Remember, you're competing with Stanford/Berkeley/Santa Clara/Hastings and UCLA/USC that want nor cal. Check out LST, I believe USF did very poorly last year. Sit out.

Tekuo

Postby Tekuo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:08 am

kobe1226 wrote:Thanks everyone! I was honestly thinking the same thing, but it's hard to refocus myself on studying for the LSAT when I have a chance to attend a school. I live in San Francisco and USF has a good reputation around here, but there is a lot of competition from other law schools in this market as well. I don't want to end up regretting it if I end up attending the school.

You could attend nd transfer. Look at some of the transfer forums. If you think you can be the top 5% of your 1L, then go to school and transfer.

Ozymandias

Postby Ozymandias » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:10 am

Tekuo wrote:

You could attend nd transfer. Look at some of the transfer forums. If you think you can be the top 5% of your 1L, then go to school and transfer.

Dumb.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:17 am

Tekuo wrote:

OP ignore that advice.

Retake LSAT, your GPA isn't horrible

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 am

Ozymandias wrote:
gaud wrote:

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:13 am

Tekuo wrote:

HORRIBLE ADVICE!

You have a 95% chance of not being in the top 5%. You have close to 100% chance of improving the LSAT if you work on it hard.

Return to “Law School FAQ”