Souther Ill. Univ JD/MD program- any good?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
patienunderstanding

Souther Ill. Univ JD/MD program- any good?

Postby patienunderstanding » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Hello fellow TLS'. So my question is pretty much as You can see above. Anyone can tell me something about Southern Illinois Univ. JD/MD program? Is it worth anything? Thanks a lot.

Nova

Re: Souther Ill. Univ JD/MD program- any good?

Postby Nova » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:32 pm

Im sure the education is fine, but as far as the JD is concerned, there are way too many schools above SIU on the food chain that outplace it in Ill. Wouldnt recommend going there with anything less than a near full scholly with no stipulations.

--LinkRemoved--

What kind of career are you looking into? Its 2 years of law school followed by 4 years of med school, which is a really big investment to get a JD from a T3.

patienunderstanding

Postby patienunderstanding » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:00 pm

What kind of career are you looking into? Its 2 years of law school followed by 4 years of med school, which is a really big investment to get a JD from a T3.[/quote]

Thanks for replying. I didn't have a particular career in mind when I asked the question. Its the first time that I see a school offering a dual jd/md program and was curious what do people thing about this idea. I totally agree that a school such as SUI should be taken into consideration only in case a person has not many better options and the school is offering a lot of money. And thanks for the links, a lot of good info :)

xcedrin2000

Postby xcedrin2000 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:36 pm

The University of Houston offers a JD/MD program with Baylor College of Medicine. I know someone who completed it. Most who do complete programs such as these tend to utilize the MD.

Return to “Law School FAQ”