Where can I find all law school bar pass %?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
PakiGuy87

Where can I find all law school bar pass %?

Postby PakiGuy87 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi All,

I'm creating an Excel spreadsheet of the top 100 law schools in the country in the hopes of comparing data on each school before I begin applications in the fall. I'm hoping to put "state bar pass average" in one column and compare that to "school X's bar passage rate". Of course, statistics is an inexact science and the existence of an excellent school with high passage rates would skew the average higher but I nonetheless feel that I should at the very least look at the data before making a decision on where to apply (and what schools to avoid).

Question: Where can I find data on bar passage rates for law schools? (Ideally I would prefer to see data on more than just one year)

Thanks.

P.S. I know that Law School Numbers has some of this data but it is outdated (Class of 2010). So I am looking for a more up-to-date source.

facile princeps

Re: Where can I find all law school bar pass %?

Postby facile princeps » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:19 pm

PakiGuy87

Postby PakiGuy87 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Great, thanks fp.

nealric

Postby nealric » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:45 pm

As someone who has passed the bar, this is a silly metric to compare.

Barbri/Kaplan/Themis et al prepare you for the bar, not law school. Pass rates only mean something at the very bottom of the barrel schools (i.e. schools with 50% pass rates are true cesspools).

Return to “Law School FAQ”