Character & Fitness Help!

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
ckl89

Character & Fitness Help!

Postby ckl89 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:43 pm

Here's my situation: I was recently accepted to a T2 and was planning to go. When I first applied, I put in my resume "founder of club x at alma mater." However, I put this title out of desperation. I was in the process of founding this club when I submitted apps, but unfortunately things didn't pan out. Now, there's no club nor am I the founder.

I'm gathering people and trying to form it again, but I would be off to law school already. The only proof I could hand over to the bar examiners would be emails showing I was initially planning it.

I am planning on transferring back to my hometown (T3), which means I'll have to submit a new (fixed) resume to the transferring school. Will the bar examiners look at both resumes? or just the new one?

Should I tell my current school about this? If they can consider the change and still admit me.

How severe is the issue?

I'd really appreciate your help, thanks.

Lawquacious

Re: Character & Fitness Help!

Postby Lawquacious » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:51 pm

If not a flame, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Just take it off the resume if not true and move on. Don't know how this would even come up on bar C and F unless you brought it up. School prob won't care--just let them know you were in process of founding it and it never materialized if that is what happened. But def don't lie on resumes--bad idea.

Postby 2014 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:00 pm

I agree with above. Just don't worry about it, take it off your resume, and if asked about it in your interview point out that it didn't work out and as soon as you realized that was the case you fixed the discrepancy.

Postby 1776 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:48 pm

ckl89 wrote:Here's my situation: I was recently accepted to a T2 and was planning to go. When I first applied, I put in my resume "founder of club x at alma mater." However, I put this title out of desperation. I was in the process of founding this club when I submitted apps, but unfortunately things didn't pan out. Now, there's no club nor am I the founder.

I'm gathering people and trying to form it again, but I would be off to law school already. The only proof I could hand over to the bar examiners would be emails showing I was initially planning it.

I am planning on transferring back to my hometown (T3), which means I'll have to submit a new (fixed) resume to the transferring school. Will the bar examiners look at both resumes? or just the new one?

Should I tell my current school about this? If they can consider the change and still admit me.

How severe is the issue?

I'd really appreciate your help, thanks.

Seriously, it's not an issue at all. You didn't lie or anything. You shouldn't worry about something so minor.

Return to “Law School FAQ”