Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible?

Yes
120
50%
No
78
32%
F___ Y__
26
11%
Why?
13
5%
WITIDEven...
5
2%
 
Total votes: 242

User avatar
Broseidon
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Broseidon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:10 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
flem wrote:8 pages and no limo liberal misguided bullshit about equal access to education? I am proud, bros.


Yeah, nothing helps underprivileged kids out of poverty more than life-crushing debt and no job prospects.

Hence why I suggested in another thread that creating academic requirements to get a student loan wouldn't be the worst idea, as schools would then need to up their requirements to keep pace. This would then weed out shittt schools because they wouldn't be able to accept 2.3/147 students because those students wouldn't be able to pay tuition. It would save the student from soul-crushing debt and although it may seem cruel to destroy their dreams, it would be doing them a favor. Or, it will force them to strive for something greater than mediocrity and attend a worthwhile school.

A poster responded to that by saying that it would have a racially disparate impact. Well, under the current system, all we are doing is handing out hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt to already impoverished people to attend schools that they won't be able to get a job out of. So how are we helping them get out of the chains of poverty by pushing them deeper in poverty under the current system?


User avatar
Broseidon
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Broseidon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:18 am

flem wrote:


well TBF fatduck is trolling you :lol:

TBF I have no fucking clue when he is sincere, when he is trolling, when he is playing devil's advocate trolling, etc.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:20 am

flem wrote:
Broseidon wrote:TBF I have no fucking clue when he is sincere, when he is trolling, when he is playing devil's advocate trolling, etc.


He's my favorite poaster on here for this reason

it's an art. still, i'll defend my post. basically, you're thinking too small.

it's not just about "equal access to education" in some kind of "all people deserve opportunities waah waah" hippie sense. the problem is if you send all the poor people to vocational schools and all the rich people to universities, the poor people all end up somewhat educated, with stable enough incomes to keep them out of jail, and they'll all be in unions. meanwhile, rich people will be able to graduate from nova and make $160k/yr in a cushy, air-conditioned office.

you think this is gonna last? you're a generation away from a working class revolt, maximum.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:23 am

Then outlaw unions, bam fixed.

User avatar
Dr. Filth
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Dr. Filth » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 am

Why are all the rich people going to go to law school and all the poor people to vocational school? Did I miss the part where we are cutting down access to regular four year universities?

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 am

Dr. Filth wrote:Why are all the rich people going to go to law school and all the poor people to vocational school? Did I miss the part where we are cutting down access to regular four year universities?

no one gets jobs from regular four year universities, remember? all degrees are worthless except engineering, and rich people don't like to work too hard.

User avatar
Broseidon
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Broseidon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:26 am

fatduck wrote:
Dr. Filth wrote:Why are all the rich people going to go to law school and all the poor people to vocational school? Did I miss the part where we are cutting down access to regular four year universities?

no one gets jobs from regular four year universities, remember? all degrees are worthless except engineering, and rich people don't like to work too hard.

I really hope the bolded is trolling.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:28 am

Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote:
Dr. Filth wrote:Why are all the rich people going to go to law school and all the poor people to vocational school? Did I miss the part where we are cutting down access to regular four year universities?

no one gets jobs from regular four year universities, remember? all degrees are worthless except engineering, and rich people don't like to work too hard.

I really hope the bolded is trolling.

you're right, i guess it should have been "rich people don't like to work at all"

User avatar
Dr. Filth
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Dr. Filth » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am

fatduck wrote:
Dr. Filth wrote:Why are all the rich people going to go to law school and all the poor people to vocational school? Did I miss the part where we are cutting down access to regular four year universities?

no one gets jobs from regular four year universities, remember? all degrees are worthless except engineering, and rich people don't like to work too hard.

Well this reformed system makes law school much more attractive to all potential students not just the lazy, rich lib arts students. If you go in guaranteed a job with a guarantee of big law from some schools, then I'd imagine the supply of law students would go up.

User avatar
Broseidon
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Broseidon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am

fatduck wrote:
Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote:
Dr. Filth wrote:Why are all the rich people going to go to law school and all the poor people to vocational school? Did I miss the part where we are cutting down access to regular four year universities?

no one gets jobs from regular four year universities, remember? all degrees are worthless except engineering, and rich people don't like to work too hard.

I really hope the bolded is trolling.

you're right, i guess it should have been "rich people don't like to work at all"

Maybe the offspring of generational wealth, but the original people who earned the money worked their asses off.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:31 am

flem wrote:
fatduck wrote:you think this is gonna last? you're a generation away from a working class revolt, maximum.

Personally I think we're pretty close to this now

the only thing keeping us on top is drugs. the secret government lab that invented crack was, in hindsight, BRILLIANT.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 am

Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote:you're right, i guess it should have been "rich people don't like to work at all"

Maybe the offspring of generational wealth, but the original people who earned the money worked their asses off.

alright, you win, andrew carnegie was a hard worker.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:33 am

fatduck wrote:
flem wrote:
fatduck wrote:you think this is gonna last? you're a generation away from a working class revolt, maximum.

Personally I think we're pretty close to this now

the only thing keeping us on top is drugs. the secret government lab that invented crack was, in hindsight, BRILLIANT.

true story, bro.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:36 am

fatduck wrote:
flem wrote:
fatduck wrote:you think this is gonna last? you're a generation away from a working class revolt, maximum.

Personally I think we're pretty close to this now

the only thing keeping us on top is drugs. the secret government lab that invented crack was, in hindsight, BRILLIANT.

What hindsight?

User avatar
Broseidon
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Broseidon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:38 am

fatduck wrote:
Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote:you're right, i guess it should have been "rich people don't like to work at all"

Maybe the offspring of generational wealth, but the original people who earned the money worked their asses off.

alright, you win, andrew carnegie was a hard worker.

Whatever dude. The modern day first-generation "rich" do work hard, regardless of what you might like to think. I'm sorry if I don't feel sympathy for people who work 40 hours a week and then complain that they don't have as much money as the I-bankers who put in 70+ hours a week.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:39 am

Tom Joad wrote:
fatduck wrote:
flem wrote:
fatduck wrote:you think this is gonna last? you're a generation away from a working class revolt, maximum.

Personally I think we're pretty close to this now

the only thing keeping us on top is drugs. the secret government lab that invented crack was, in hindsight, BRILLIANT.

What hindsight?

it was considered risky at the time because it would concentrate urban wealth in a few major dealers who would be well positioned to start a rebellion. fortunately they just became rappers.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:40 am

Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote:
Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote:you're right, i guess it should have been "rich people don't like to work at all"

Maybe the offspring of generational wealth, but the original people who earned the money worked their asses off.

alright, you win, andrew carnegie was a hard worker.

Whatever dude. The modern day first-generation "rich" do work hard, regardless of what you might like to think. I'm sorry if I don't feel sympathy for people who work 40 hours a week and then complain that they don't have as much money as the I-bankers who put in 70+ hours a week.

yes, but we're talking about rich kids who are going to college, not rich people with long, successful careers.

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby manofjustice » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:46 am

laxbrah420 wrote:
RedBirds2011 wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:This question seems as dumb to me as, "Do I need a blazer".
Some of the answers are fucking retarded too though.
LOL at setting the # of law schools seats with the # of JD required jobs.
:lol: :lol:



Lol seems to work for medical schools.

Yes, the smartest kids in the country get this opportunity:
Image
And our healthcare system is so affordable as a result!

Kwais, somebody asked "Do I need a blazer for law school' on Top-Law-Schools.com/forums


This. Is. Awesome.

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby manofjustice » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:47 am

Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote:
Broseidon wrote:
fatduck wrote:you're right, i guess it should have been "rich people don't like to work at all"

Maybe the offspring of generational wealth, but the original people who earned the money worked their asses off.

alright, you win, andrew carnegie was a hard worker.

Whatever dude. The modern day first-generation "rich" do work hard, regardless of what you might like to think. I'm sorry if I don't feel sympathy for people who work 40 hours a week and then complain that they don't have as much money as the I-bankers who put in 70+ hours a week.


The system is a bit rigged against the middle class.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:49 am

manofjustice wrote:The system is a bit rigged against the middle class.

You don't say?

User avatar
Broseidon
Posts: 2663
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Broseidon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:52 am

manofjustice wrote:The system is a bit rigged against the middle class.I want to blame other people for my failure.

FTFY

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:53 am

Tom Joad wrote:
manofjustice wrote:The system is a bit rigged against the middle class.

You don't say?

the middle class is far too big as it is. Do we really need more people driving buicks?

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 am

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:
manofjustice wrote:The system is a bit rigged against the middle class.

You don't say?

the middle class is far too big as it is. Do we really need more people driving buicks?

Nobody should be driving a Buick. EW.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Should the # of law schools be capped at 50 were it possible

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 am

Shifty, could you give us a long paragraph about how you hate poors?




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests