How do you get your school to send Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
hereyago

Bronze

How do you get your school to send

Post by hereyago » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:05 pm

How do you get your school to send your transcript with that LSAC transcript request form?

Did you have to go to your school's registrar and ask them to send it with the transcript request form?

What if it's a community college that you took 1 class from during high school and they have no idea wtf the request form is?

JDizzle2015

Silver

Re: How do you get your school to send

Post by JDizzle2015 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Either send them the form electronically (through scanning & emailing) or mail the form to the cc if you aren't local anymore. If you are local, walk into the registrar's office and hand it to them. Seems pretty straightforward to me...

Have you tried calling them? I doubt you're the first student they've ever had that has to go through the LSAC process. If you are, it'll help to get a point person in that office to address your email/letters to.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:05 pm

hereyago wrote:How do you get your school to send your transcript with that LSAC transcript request form?

To tell the truth, I just requested the school send my transcript to LSAC. LSAC figured out it was for me.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Just send the form to the school with the transcript request. They will know what to do. I assure you that you are not the first one from that school to apply to law school.

hereyago

Bronze

Post by hereyago » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:37 pm

dextermorgan wrote:Just send the form to the school with the transcript request. They will know what to do. I assure you that you are not the first one from that school to apply to law school.
My question was HOW do I send the form to the school?

Fax? Scan + email? Mail? I think JDizzle2015 answered the questions, but I was wondering what you personally did for your school transcript requests.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:40 pm

A dirty little secret is that the form is not necessary.
hereyago wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:Just send the form to the school with the transcript request. They will know what to do. I assure you that you are not the first one from that school to apply to law school.

Fax? Scan + email? Mail? I think JDizzle2015 answered the questions, but I was wondering what you personally did for your school transcript requests.
Any of those ways will do.... just call them also, to confirm.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:21 pm

hereyago wrote:

Uh. You give them the form, and they send a transcript to the LSAC. It really doesn't require the amount (or any) of thought you are putting into it.

hereyago

Bronze

Post by hereyago » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:11 am

Nova wrote:A dirty little secret is that the form is not necessary.
hereyago wrote:

You serious? It's not necessary? Can you gimme more details?

I don't want to sign/fax/email that BS form to like 4 different schools.

thelawyler

Silver

Post by thelawyler » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:15 am

hereyago wrote:
Nova wrote:A dirty little secret is that the form is not necessary.
hereyago wrote:

Ummm your K-JDness is showing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:26 am

thelawyler wrote:
Ummm your K-JDness is showing.
:D

OP, here you go:

1). Print out each of the transcript request forms. There should be a different one for each school you're requesting a transcript from.
2). Figure out how your school handles transcript requests. Some schools let you do it online. If this is the case, scan your LSAC form and email it to the person handling transcript requests. If your school requests that you pay for your transcript/request it in writing (mine did, which blew) then put the LSAC form, your payment, and the school's form in an envelope and mail it off.
3). Be sure to follow up with the schools to make sure they received everything.
4). You should receive notice from each of your schools that they processed your transcript.
5). Once LSAC has your information, they will email you to tell you your transcript has been updated.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:18 am

hereyago wrote:You serious? It's not necessary? Can you gimme more details?

I know it's in bad form to quote myself, but see:
BVest wrote:To tell the truth, I just requested the school send my transcript to LSAC. LSAC figured out it was for me.
No forms printed; no trees killed. And LSAC has been doing this since before they had forms.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:24 pm

hereyago wrote:

I applied last January, when I got my Dec '11 test score. I didnt have a TRF for any of the 3 colleges I attended (two were CC). LSAC still processesd them quickly and everything was fine. It only took them two days to process each.

The LSAC lady I spoke to said the form mearly helps the process along.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”