Most Improving Law Schools Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Bildungsroman

Platinum

Re: Most Improving Law Schools

Post by Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:51 pm

BeerMaker wrote:I took it from law school transparency
Yeah, Northwestern is better than UChicago and Yale is much worse. Excellent thread addition, chief.

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:52 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Yeah, Northwestern is better than UChicago and Yale is much worse. Excellent thread addition, chief.
Didn't know how to properly respond to his derp. Thank you.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:53 pm

dingbat wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote: take T18, add one per state. Burn the rest
Not entirely correct. There's no need for both the Dakotas to have a law school (or even one if them)
On the other hand, having 3-5 (total) in NY makes total sense.

Mathematically, there are about 150 law schools graduating 45k law students for 25k law jobs, so we need a reduction of about half, to around 75 law schools.
T14 + 1 per state would leave us a little short.
If places like Wyoming and Montana decide to pool resources and have 1 law school (which makes sense) then that creates a few more spots for some of the bigger states (eg Texas probably needs 4 or 5)

But yes, there are too many law schools
sure, consolidate some tiny states. But we don't need Cardozo or Pepperdine.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:01 pm

JamMasterJ wrote: sure, consolidate some tiny states. But we don't need Cardozo or Pepperdine.
agreed - although a case can be made for Joisey (no one else can understand what they're thinking)

BeerMaker

Bronze

Post by BeerMaker » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Don't put words in my mouth. I simply posted raw job data. If that hurts your feelings because you're a Yale and or Chicago fan, well, tough shit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pate

Bronze

Post by Pate » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Objective. The ABA Mandates the LS industry to cut its LS class size to accommodate 20,000 LS grads a year. Basically, every LS cuts its class size in half. If a LS goes belly-up those seats would be distributed evenly to other schools. Every grad would have a solid chance at work to earn a good living and pay off their debt.

Honestly, had anybody been at the switch, this is what LS would have looked like today.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Pate wrote:Objective. The ABA Mandates the LS industry to cut its LS class size to accommodate 20,000 LS grads a year. Basically, every LS cuts its class size in half. If a LS goes belly-up those seats would be distributed evenly to other schools. Every grad would have a solid chance at work to earn a good living and pay off their debt.

Honestly, had anybody been at the switch, this is what LS would have looked like today.
Can we start by cutting your seat?

BeerMaker

Bronze

Post by BeerMaker » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:07 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Not entirely correct. There's no need for both the Dakotas to have a law school (or even one if them)

Mathematically, there are about 150 law schools graduating 45k law students for 25k law jobs, so we need a reduction of about half, to around 75 law schools.
If places like Wyoming and Montana decide to pool resources and have 1 law school (which makes sense) then that creates a few more spots for some of the bigger states (eg Texas probably needs 4 or 5)

So getting rid of a lot of law schools would be fantastic for the economy. I agree. Is there any way that will ever happen?

Pate

Bronze

Post by Pate » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:09 pm

dingbat wrote:Can we start by cutting your seat?
This is for the immediate future. Stop being so brain dead in your posting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:09 pm

BeerMaker wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
Don't put words in my mouth. I simply posted raw job data. If that hurts your feelings because you're a Yale and or Chicago fan, well, tough shit.
Do you really think Yale has worse job prospects?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:10 pm

BeerMaker wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:
dingbat wrote:

So getting rid of a lot of law schools would be fantastic for the economy. I agree. Is there any way that will ever happen?
not unless something drastic happens. The shitty schools make too much money.
Pate wrote:Objective. The ABA Mandates the LS industry to cut its LS class size to accommodate 20,000 LS grads a year. Basically, every LS cuts its class size in half. If a LS goes belly-up those seats would be distributed evenly to other schools. Every grad would have a solid chance at work to earn a good living and pay off their debt.

no, cut the bad half of the schools instead. I'd rather there not be an NYLS than have people with 165s at TTTs. That makes no sense.

Pate

Bronze

Post by Pate » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:no, cut the bad half of the schools instead. I'd rather there not be an NYLS than have people with 165s at TTTs. That makes no sense.
Not sure if the ABA could shut down a LS, but they might be able to limit class side. Maybe.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:13 pm

BeerMaker wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
I'm not putting words in your mouth. Your tiny walnut brain is just attempting some cognitive dissonance right now to reconcile your own high opinion of your intelligence with the retarded things you constantly say. I recommend whisky.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JohnDorian

New

Post by JohnDorian » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Bildungsroman wrote: Your tiny walnut brain is just attempting some cognitive dissonance right now to reconcile your own high opinion of your intelligence with the retarded things you constantly say. I recommend whisky.
Beermaker is just babytown frolics.

buckilaw

Silver

Post by buckilaw » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:18 pm

The ABA is helmed by deans of TTTT and TTT schools. I doubt the ABA will be "mandating" anything like this in the near future.

Pate

Bronze

Post by Pate » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:24 pm

buckilaw wrote:The ABA is helmed by deans of TTTT and TTT schools. I doubt the ABA will be "mandating" anything like this in the near future.
Just wrong for these administrators to rob well-meaning students of their financial future.

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:27 pm

tfleming09 wrote:
BeerMaker wrote:Don't put words in my mouth. I simply posted raw job data. If that hurts your feelings because you're a Yale and or Chicago fan, well, tough shit.
Fucking EL OH EL
IT'S SO RAW.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:32 pm

tfleming09 wrote:
BeerMaker wrote:Don't put words in my mouth. I simply posted raw job data. If that hurts your feelings because you're a Yale and or Chicago fan, well, tough shit.
Fucking EL OH EL

bingbang1025

Bronze

Post by bingbang1025 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:32 pm

In any other industry/profession, the law school TTT scam would have been upended by now. Why it hasn't goes directly back to the "type" of people running these schools, in charge of regulating them (ABA), and attending them: they can make an argument for anything, love semantics and debate, and often overlook very simple answers and solutions to "debate some more" and "well, consider this" or "however, it would be foolish to assume" that. STFU, lawyer-types. the problem is clear, it's there, and it needs to be addressed. stop philosophizing and making arguments and just close down the piece of shiTTT schools that are ruining this profession.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:36 pm

bingbang1025 wrote:In any other industry/profession, the law school TTT scam would have been upended by now. Why it hasn't goes directly back to the "type" of people running these schools, in charge of regulating them (ABA), and attending them: they can make an argument for anything, love semantics and debate, and often overlook very simple answers and solutions to "debate some more" and "well, consider this" or "however, it would be foolish to assume" that. STFU, lawyer-types. the problem is clear, it's there, and it needs to be addressed. stop philosophizing and making arguments and just close down the piece of shiTTT schools that are ruining this profession.
Like school #14

bingbang1025

Bronze

Post by bingbang1025 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:37 pm

dingbat wrote:
bingbang1025 wrote:In any other industry/profession, the law school TTT scam would have been upended by now. Why it hasn't goes directly back to the "type" of people running these schools, in charge of regulating them (ABA), and attending them: they can make an argument for anything, love semantics and debate, and often overlook very simple answers and solutions to "debate some more" and "well, consider this" or "however, it would be foolish to assume" that. STFU, lawyer-types. the problem is clear, it's there, and it needs to be addressed. stop philosophizing and making arguments and just close down the piece of shiTTT schools that are ruining this profession.
Like school #14
clarify plz. #14 on which of the many lists that have been posted in this thread?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:56 pm

bingbang1025 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Like school #14
clarify plz. #14 on which of the many lists that have been posted in this thread?
There 's only one numbered list in this thread... :!:

bingbang1025

Bronze

Post by bingbang1025 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:04 pm

dingbat wrote:
bingbang1025 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
Like school #14
There 's only one numbered list in this thread... :!:
ic.

morally0bese

New

Post by morally0bese » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:06 pm

/.

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:41 pm

tfleming09 wrote:Between this new rankings list and Fenwick not being at Yale's OCI, I think we all can acknowledge that Yale is officially a festering TTT in decline
+1

Thank god we all dodged that bullet.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”