.

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
VasaVasori
Posts: 573
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm

.

Postby VasaVasori » Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 am

.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: LSAT picture included with score?

Postby Br3v » Mon May 21, 2012 11:33 am

VasaVasori wrote:Is our picture included with our score report? I'm wondering if I need to dress up to take it.

Thanks in advance!


I doubt it. For some reason I imagine it's illegal. Like employers not being able to ask for pic in resume.

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: LSAT picture included with score?

Postby law2015 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:35 am

No it is not in the score report.

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: LSAT picture included with score?

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Mon May 21, 2012 11:35 am

VasaVasori wrote:Is our picture included with our score report? I'm wondering if I need to dress up to take it.

Thanks in advance!


I'm 99% they don't do that to avoid the bias us good looking people would enjoy.

Don't show your genitals and you'll be fine.

User avatar
hichvichwoh
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:21 am

Re: LSAT picture included with score?

Postby hichvichwoh » Mon May 21, 2012 11:45 am

StrictlyBusiness wrote:
VasaVasori wrote:Is our picture included with our score report? I'm wondering if I need to dress up to take it.

Thanks in advance!


I'm 99% they don't do that to avoid the bias us good looking people would enjoy.

Don't show your genitals and you'll be fine.


But I have chinballalitis!

User avatar
Map Cat
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 am

Re: LSAT picture included with score?

Postby Map Cat » Mon May 21, 2012 2:41 pm

I'm pretty sure the picture is just to verify that you is who you say you is.

The photograph will be retained by LSAC only as long as needed to assure the authenticity of test scores and to protect the integrity of the testing process.

User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: LSAT picture included with score?

Postby JCFindley » Mon May 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Map Cat wrote:I'm pretty sure the picture is just to verify that you is who you say you is.

The photograph will be retained by LSAC only as long as needed to assure the authenticity of test scores and to protect the integrity of the testing process.


Because someone who went through the trouble to get a fake ID to take the test won't go get a 2 dollar picture at walgreens on their way to the testing center.....

I am sure you are right, just no real logic behind it....

User avatar
StrictlyBusiness
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:26 am

Re: LSAT picture included with score?

Postby StrictlyBusiness » Tue May 22, 2012 11:37 am

JCFindley wrote:
Because someone who went through the trouble to get a fake ID to take the test won't go get a 2 dollar picture at walgreens on their way to the testing center.....

I am sure you are right, just no real logic behind it....


I know some people who know some people who used to take the ACT/SAT for other people. If those test required the picture on the test, it would have made it considerably easier to catch (or more importantly prove) those people after the fact.

Sure you could get around the LSAT with fake IDs and the like, but if you start doing it frequently and someone notices, they could pull up the sheet with your pic and two different names, and boom goes the dynamite.

User avatar
JCFindley
Posts: 1283
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: LSAT picture included with score?

Postby JCFindley » Tue May 22, 2012 3:00 pm

StrictlyBusiness wrote:
JCFindley wrote:
Because someone who went through the trouble to get a fake ID to take the test won't go get a 2 dollar picture at walgreens on their way to the testing center.....

I am sure you are right, just no real logic behind it....


I know some people who know some people who used to take the ACT/SAT for other people. If those test required the picture on the test, it would have made it considerably easier to catch (or more importantly prove) those people after the fact.

Sure you could get around the LSAT with fake IDs and the like, but if you start doing it frequently and someone notices, they could pull up the sheet with your pic and two different names, and boom goes the dynamite.


Ahhh, there ya go, I figured there must be some sort of logic; it isn't like you are dealing with the government were a complete lack of logic is expected....

Randomnumbers
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: LSAT picture included with score?

Postby Randomnumbers » Tue May 29, 2012 11:44 am

More importantly, if you suspect someone was taking a test for someone else - when that other person shows up at law school the next year, they better look like that photo. I imagine that C&F for the bar would have access to that photo also.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests