Your 1L year: roommate or not?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
togepi

Re: Your 1L year: roommate or not?

Postby togepi » Thu May 02, 2013 6:40 am

billiris321 wrote:I'm a guy and I'm considering moving in with a girl for the first year. Here's why:

Girls are cleaner.

Most know how to cook.

They study harder.

And they never poop.

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Thu May 02, 2013 6:47 am

(guy obliviously unaware of that IBS)

billiris321

Postby billiris321 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:05 am

Blessedassurance wrote:(guy obliviously unaware of that IBS)

Very important point.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Thu May 02, 2013 7:08 am

Sounds like having your own space has really helped you keep your sanity.

arizonairish

Postby arizonairish » Thu May 02, 2013 8:07 am

togepi wrote:
billiris321 wrote:I'm a guy and I'm considering moving in with a girl for the first year. Here's why:

Girls are cleaner.

Most know how to cook.

They study harder.

And they never poop.

Outed for violating Title IX, must be equal poops bro.

rwhyAn

Postby rwhyAn » Thu May 02, 2013 8:19 am

Girls are cleaner.

Most know how to cook.

They study harder.

I did that and it was a huge mistake! It's actually what led me to withdrawing third week into 1L. Why, you ask? Because we ended up sleeping together a few times and things got weird to the point where I could no longer live there. In the end, though, it turned out to be the best lay I've ever had, as it saved me from $120k in debt with interest that I would've been paying back for some 20 years, and I was able to get my old job back with a raise. That said, if you opt to live with a girl, there better be no physical attraction there on either end because if there is, feelings will eventually develop. Just an FYI.

rwhyAn

Postby rwhyAn » Thu May 02, 2013 8:26 am

arizonairish wrote:
togepi wrote:

Girls are cleaner.

Most know how to cook.

They study harder.

And they never poop.

Outed for violating Title IX, must be equal poops bro.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that while it may be good that they don't poop (as much), it sucks living with a girl when you have to shit your brains out and they can hear everything that's going on when they're in the next room. You can't poop in peace and just let it go while they're in the house because you are going to be judged if they hear the disgusting sounds coming from the confines of the bathroom, and god forbid you leave a streak mark...game over! True story, bro. Trust me.

M458

Postby M458 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:06 am

rwhyAn wrote:

Girls are cleaner.

Most know how to cook.

They study harder.

I did that and it was a huge mistake! It's actually what led me to withdrawing third week into 1L. Why, you ask? Because we ended up sleeping together a few times and things got weird to the point where I could no longer live there. In the end, though, it turned out to be the best lay I've ever had, as it saved me from $120k in debt with interest that I would've been paying back for some 20 years, and I was able to get my old job back with a raise. That said, if you opt to live with a girl, there better be no physical attraction there on either end because if there is, feelings will eventually develop. Just an FYI.

This--you will end up sleeping together if there's attraction there. And even if you don't, whoever you end up dating will think you're sleeping with your roommate anyways, leading to unnecessary jealousness.

HankBashir

Postby HankBashir » Thu May 02, 2013 7:55 pm

justonemoregame wrote:Sounds like having your own space has really helped you keep your sanity.

:lol:

billiris321

Postby billiris321 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:40 pm

You're going to be having sex anyway so why not make it with a person who lives in the same house as you? It's very convenient.

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:26 pm

billiris321 wrote:You're going to be having sex anyway so why not make it with a person who lives in the same house as you? It's very convenient.

TITCR. Reducing your booty call travel distance saves valuable study time.

dudley12

Postby dudley12 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:30 am

justonemoregame wrote:Sounds like having your own space has really helped you keep your sanity.

omg no kiddin, but for a portion of the semester i rented out my living room to a turkish entertainment group called "costume boys" to save money. having the balance of one semester where it was just me and the other where i had the boys in the living room was actually pretty nice.

togepi

Postby togepi » Fri May 03, 2013 1:32 am

nickb285 wrote:
billiris321 wrote:You're going to be having sex anyway so why not make it with a person who lives in the same house as you? It's very convenient.

TITCR. Reducing your booty call travel distance saves valuable study time.

Plus showering together is really good for the environment and keeps the water bill low.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri May 03, 2013 1:51 am

dudley12 wrote:
Bronck wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Worthwhile 1 yr bump

I was on the edge of my seat wondering how OP felt all this time.

OP definitely delivered.

really? cool i didn't think anyone would care. I'll tell a story about my classes and apartment experience.

So it was the beginning of classes and I went down to the book store to get some books. I saw this person I knew from high school and he told me he worked at the fire department. I started working for my civil procedure assignment and was feeling somewhat tired. Besides, if he hadn't gone to State Tech he would have never met Milly, and he didn't need any damny psychology to tell him he would really be sick, really be in trouble, if he ever caught himself regretting that again. Maybe their backgrounds were different; maybe he'd married her for reasons that were hard to remember and maybe it wasn't the most sexy marriage ever, but she was the girl for him, no doubt. Two things about her had become a source of amazement: she had stuck right by him through all that shit in Arizona--he vowed he would never forget it--and that she had taken so well to his new way of life (mainly smoking weed). What does that mean, honey?” Laura said. And then we went out drinking and got real fucked up. At the end of the night I was just sitting there. I could hear my heart beating. I could hear everyone's heart. I could hear the human noise we sat there making, not one of us moving, not even when the room went dark. And then i got a low grade in legal writing & research....So I shot the bull for a while. I told him I was a real moron, and all that stuff. I told him I would've done exactly the same thing if I'd been in his place, and how most people didn't appreciate how tough it is being a teacher. That kind of stuff. The old bull.

You're only the second most insane person to post on this board today.

sublime

Postby sublime » Fri May 03, 2013 1:57 am

dudley12

Postby dudley12 » Fri May 03, 2013 2:07 am

rwhyAn wrote:

Girls are cleaner.

Most know how to cook.

They study harder.

there ya go man! my friend's cousin did this at an online school and it was ridiculous. they would hang out during day and watch videos and then 'cyber' during class :?:

dudley12

Postby dudley12 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:13 pm

ya but isn't it normally where guy wants her to go home afterwards? i've never but that's what my friend said

TheBiggerMediocre

Postby TheBiggerMediocre » Sat May 04, 2013 11:17 pm

You need to have your own space so that you can bring a girl back to your place and fk her to relieve all the stress once a week. or you can just go back to the group orgies of college.

suzige

Postby suzige » Sat May 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Def interestd in this topic. I had both very good and very bad experinces in undergrad w roommates. I'm leaning towards living alone bc I like my space.

lawschoolwoohoo

Postby lawschoolwoohoo » Sun May 05, 2013 1:54 pm

I decided to live alone. I had a terrible experience with a random girl my freshman year of college who turned out to literally be insane. She ended up transferring back home after a semester because she actually had a mental breakdown. That experience soured me on having roommates I didn't know before I moved in. Since I'm moving to a city where I don't know anyone, I'm spending a little extra $ to have my own apartment so I don't have to worry about having a situation like this again. The stress of it really hurt my grades that semester, so I don't want to have "crazy roommate" be one of those things hurting my law school grades.

That said, if I meet someone I like my first year, I wouldn't be opposed to getting a roommate my second year. I'm just nervous about moving in with someone I don't really know and trust first. You never know what kind of crazies are out there!

Return to “Law School FAQ”