. Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Re: How to respond to the "lawyers are scum" meme?

Post by PolySuyGuy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:11 pm

tedler wrote:So a Facebook acquaintance posted a status today along the lines of "all lawyers are scum," and the comments soon turned into a circle-jerk affirming the opinion. As a sentiment I'm sure we've all encountered at least once, what do you guys think is the best way to respond to this kind of thing?

Everybody hates on lawyers until they need one.

PowderedWater

New

Post by PowderedWater » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:26 pm

Honestly? Given the fact that people bitch and moan about (pretty much) every profession imaginable, I wouldn't give this blind hate towards lawyers much thought. :roll:

JCFindley

Silver

Post by JCFindley » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:29 pm

ChikaBoom wrote:
JCFindley wrote: Being an 01 and never having been a lawyer how would I know you ask? Because pilots in the Air Force are not exactly embraced by virtually anyone else in the Air Force. We are thought of as over paid, pampered, womanizing prima donnas that get ALL the good deals and are really only a necessary evil until everything is flown as an unmanned computer drone....
You mean that's not true? :wink: You still in?
I didn't say it wasn't true. :D Just the best way to deal with it and disarm others is to roll with the punches and know every pilot joke ever told.

I have been out a few years now.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:33 pm

You're everyone's problem, Findley. Every time you post on TLS you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.

JCFindley

Silver

Post by JCFindley » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:40 pm

bjsesq wrote:You're everyone's problem, Findley. Every time you post on TLS you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.
That's right, I AM dangerous Iceman!

Yes, we really did know and quote every line from Top Gun. We also quoted Caddie-Shack a lot as well for whatever reason. BTW, if you want to be really authentic my call sign was Crack Baby.

Soooooooooooo, this lawyer and a fighter pilot were standing on a corner and this really hot woman walks by.

Fighter pilot says, "Man I would love to screw her."

Lawyer replies, "Out of what?"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:41 pm

JCFindley wrote:
bjsesq wrote:You're everyone's problem, Findley. Every time you post on TLS you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.

Yes, we really did know and quote every line from Top Gun. We also quoted Caddie-Shack a lot as well for whatever reason. BTW, if you want to be really authentic my call sign was Crack Baby.

Soooooooooooo, this lawyer and a fighter pilot were standing on a corner and this really hot woman walks by.

Mine was C38. Fucking hate you guys.

JCFindley

Silver

Post by JCFindley » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:50 pm

bjsesq wrote:
JCFindley wrote:

Most people did, at least on AD.

I was Guard so we had a MUCH better relationship with everyone else but I do understand it very well.

ChikaBoom

Platinum

Post by ChikaBoom » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:50 pm

How do you know your date with a pilot is halfway over?

When the pilot says, "enough about me, let's talk about aircraft"

Also:

A union pilot is on layover and decides to visit a whorehouse

He goes to the first one and asks "Is this a union shop?" The madame replies that it is not. He asks "Well, how much do the girls get vs. how much does the shop get?" The madame replies "80 percent for the shop, 20 percent for the girls". He decides this is unacceptable and moves on.

He goes to a second shop and asks the same. He finds that it isn't a union shop and that the shop gets 60% and the girls get 40%. Dissatisfied, he heads to the third house.

He asks if it is a union shop and is surprised to find that it is. He asks how much the shop gets, and the madame tells him that the shop gets 30% and the girls get 70%. Pleased, he picks out a young blonde and says "I'd like her, then". The madame says that she is sorry, but this is not possible. The pilot asks why. The madame points to an older woman standing in the corner. "Well, Gladys there has seniority".

:mrgreen:

ETA: That's awesome, Findley. My father was an air force pilot. Would have liked to become one myself, but my ears are fucked.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:54 pm

JCFindley wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
JCFindley wrote:

Most people did, at least on AD.

I was Guard so we had a MUCH better relationship with everyone else but I do understand it very well.
In all fairness, LOVED having the A-10 and Spooky guys on station. F-18s blow dick, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JCFindley

Silver

Post by JCFindley » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:56 pm

ChikaBoom wrote:How do you know your date with a pilot is halfway over?

When the pilot says, "enough about me, let's talk about aircraft"

Also:

A union pilot is on layover and decides to visit a whorehouse

He goes to the first one and asks "Is this a union shop?" The madame replies that it is not. He asks "Well, how much do the girls get vs. how much does the shop get?" The madame replies "80 percent for the shop, 20 percent for the girls". He decides this is unacceptable and moves on.

He goes to a second shop and asks the same. He finds that it isn't a union shop and that the shop gets 60% and the girls get 40%. Dissatisfied, he heads to the third house.

He asks if it is a union shop and is surprised to find that it is. He asks how much the shop gets, and the madame tells him that the shop gets 30% and the girls get 70%. Pleased, he picks out a young blonde and says "I'd like her, then". The madame says that she is sorry, but this is not possible. The pilot asks why. The madame points to an older woman standing in the corner. "Well, Gladys there has seniority".

:mrgreen:

ETA: That's awesome, Findley. My father was an air force pilot. Would have liked to become one myself, but my ears are fucked.
Those rock.... Though, half way through a date I usually said, well, enough about me, now tell me what YOU think of me.

I was also an airline pilot and was heavily involved with the union and that one hits true too....

administraight

New

Post by administraight » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:49 pm

togepi wrote: For some reason when I was reading this, I pictured the writer being on crack
That's how usually appears to you when you are on crack, then you think everyone else is on crack. Take care of that bad habit of yours.
Last edited by administraight on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

westie25

Bronze

Post by westie25 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:04 pm

After working for them for a good chunk of time, I would reply, "A lot of them are. :)" Or...ignore it. Lawyer jokes are as common as "So-and-so walked into a bar" jokes.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”