Wait a year? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
splittermcsplit88

Bronze

Wait a year?

Post by splittermcsplit88 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Long story short, I tried my best on the lsat given my circumstances but it didn't come out so well. Right now, I'd be looking at T3 schools.
I'm thinking going to the T3 and giving it all I got to transfer or waiting a year to retake the lsat while working as a paralegal.
I have an interview coming up for the position at a big4, but concern is I have no idea what to say. If they ask why do you want to work as a paralegal,
do I give them a straight up 'I want experience in the legal field' answer or tell them 'I wanna save the world'

ran12

Silver

Re: Wait a year?

Post by ran12 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:08 pm

splittermcsplit88 wrote:Long story short, I tried my best on the lsat given my circumstances but it didn't come out so well. Right now, I'd be looking at T3 schools.
I'm thinking going to the T3 and giving it all I got to transfer or waiting a year to retake the lsat while working as a paralegal.
I have an interview coming up for the position at a big4, but concern is I have no idea what to say. If they ask why do you want to work as a paralegal,
do I give them a straight up 'I want experience in the legal field' answer or tell them 'I wanna save the world'
Don't go to a TTT looking to transfer. Just be honest about wanting to get legal experience. Most of the bigger firms might want a two year committment min though. Also, lawyers have no ability to save the world. That's complete bs so don't go to law school if that's what you really want to do.

Gail

Silver

Re: Wait a year?

Post by Gail » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Hope you have better luck than I did trying to find a paralegal job, because I couldn't even find the first place to start.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”