Am I the only person who believes in themselves? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
iowalum

Bronze

Re: Am I the only person who believes in themselves?

Post by iowalum » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:30 pm

DaftAndDirect wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote: I take pride in a shitty LSAT score. It means things aren't just given to me, that I'm going to have to actually work my way to the top, unlike these spoiled brats retake.
I still can't tell if this is for real.
Yeah this is probably one of the douchier things said on TLS. Having a shitty LSAT doesn't make you 'the underdog' and other peoples' great scores don't make them privileged. The reason people have a great LSAT is because they worked for it, not because they're spoiled. Stop playing the victim.

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:31 pm

CanadianWolf wrote: Besides, fear is a great motivator.
How I feel.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:32 pm

iowalum wrote:
DaftAndDirect wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote: I take pride in a shitty LSAT score. It means things aren't just given to me, that I'm going to have to actually work my way to the top, unlike these spoiled brats retake.
I still can't tell if this is for real.
Yeah this is probably one of the douchier things said on TLS. Having a shitty LSAT doesn't make you 'the underdog' and other peoples' great scores don't make them privileged. The reason people have a great LSAT is because they worked for it, not because they're spoiled. Stop playing the victim.
Or they had mommy and daddy pay for a class. Just another instance of keeping those in worse economic situations down. Keep parading the 1%.
Last edited by FeelTheHeat on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:36 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote: Or they had mommy and daddy pay for a class. Just another instant of keeping those in worse economic situations down. Keep parading the 1%.
:lol: nice.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:37 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote: Or they had mommy and daddy pay for a class. Just another instant of keeping those in worse economic situations down. Keep parading the 1%.
how about those with an innate ability. I scored pretty darn high in one shot and the only prep I did was to try a few practice tests (the free ones)

Mommy and Daddy haven't paid anything for me since you were still in grade school.

What does that say about me?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:37 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Or they had mommy and daddy pay for a class. Just another instant of keeping those in worse economic situations down. Keep parading the 1%.
Probably still trolling but in case you are serious - there are plenty of people who self-study for the LSAT, work their asses off, retake if they have to, and get good scores. Is that really your excuse for having a shitty LSAT, because you didn't take a prep class?

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:37 pm

dingbat wrote:
how about those with an innate ability. I scored pretty darn high in one shot and the only prep I did was to try a few practice tests (the free ones)

Mommy and Daddy haven't paid anything for me since you were still in grade school.

Congrats on being an outlier. You're going to go through your whole life not working for anything and taking your smarts for granted. I'd hate having to be your kid.

iowalum

Bronze

Post by iowalum » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:39 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Or they had mommy and daddy pay for a class. Just another instant of keeping those in worse economic situations down. Keep parading the 1%.
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I didn't get an amazing LSAT score, but it certainly wasn't shitty, and I paid for everything myself working several part-time jobs at once. The last time my parents supported me was high school yet some how I plan on overcoming my 'spoiled brat 1%'-iness and work hard in law school. Some people may fall into your generalization, but there are a lot of us that don't. The bitterness is completely unnecessary.

Randomnumbers

Bronze

Post by Randomnumbers » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:40 pm

zanzbar wrote:
Randomnumbers wrote:
zanzbar wrote:
Its only open to seniors of the Honors College, and then you have to go through a whole application process. I might have attended if I had been approved to do the Constitutional Law class they offered this semester so that I could get 2 of my 1L classes out of the way, but I didn't get selected so I am deciding between two other schools in state. It was kind of hard turning down that advantage I would have had next year because I even got a professor to explain the different curving requirements for 1L classes and 2L/3L classes at the school (1L curve is on a 2.8 median, others 3.1 median.) I don't think I will have a noticeable advantage over my fellow 1Ls because it will probably just be like I did some amount of prep in Contracts because I doubt I regain any of the real in depth stuff from the class by the Fall besides the basics, unless of course I completely luck out and get a similar style professor who uses the same casebook.
That's some real TTT stip control right there.
Stipulation on the offer from the school I received were 3/4th tuition as long as GPA remains in the top 50% so I am not sure why the curve is set this way. It's surprisingly one of the TTT on here that isn't completely crucified. Hell I don't have anything really to hide the school is Texas Tech or as Mtal would call it TTexas TTech.
I retract my statement then - I assumed a TTT with that kind of curve would have their stips on the gpa, not class rank.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:41 pm

obvious troll is obvious. the only way to make it more obvious is if he started bashing URM

padawanphil

Bronze

Post by padawanphil » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:42 pm

Every time I read this thread's title it makes me think OP has multiple personality disorder

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Gail wrote:obvious troll is obvious. the only way to make it more obvious is if he started bashing URM
Grutter v. Bollinger is an indictment of the competence of our legal system.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:44 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
dingbat wrote:

Congrats on being an outlier. You're going to go through your whole life not working for anything and taking your smarts for granted. I'd hate having to be your kid.
I got my first job at age 12 and stopped taking my smarts for granted when I realized that smarts alone doesn't get you anywhere.
And at least my kids don't have a dumbass for a father.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JoeFish

Bronze

Post by JoeFish » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:17 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
dingbat wrote:

I'll just marry someone as smart as me. And then our kids will be double-smart. Then they'll hate us for being stupid.

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:23 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
dingbat wrote:

You're an objectively worthless human being.

PARTY

Bronze

Post by PARTY » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:24 pm

People who paid $$ or $$$ or even just $ for lsat prep classes got played. That shit is completely unnecessary.

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:26 pm

PARTY wrote:People who paid $$ or $$$ or even just $ for lsat prep classes got played. That shit is completely unnecessary.
Meh. Even if all it buys you is imposed discipline, it's worth it. That's all barbri does, really, and very very few people do bar study independently.

(Disclosure: I only took the LSAT once, on about a month of half-hearted studying--even though things worked out OK in the end after a transfer and a lot of (probably unnecessary) debt, a $2000 class probably would have resulted in a boatload of scholarship money.)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PARTY

Bronze

Post by PARTY » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:29 pm

ToTransferOrNot wrote:
PARTY wrote:People who paid $$ or $$$ or even just $ for lsat prep classes got played. That shit is completely unnecessary.
Meh. Even if all it buys you is imposed discipline, it's worth it. That's all barbri does, really, and very very few people do bar study independently.

(Disclosure: I only took the LSAT once, on about a month of half-hearted studying--even though things worked out OK in the end after a transfer and a lot of (probably unnecessary) debt, a $2000 class probably would have resulted in a boatload of scholarship money.)
No. An understanding of your capabilities and a mature approach to a significantly important event in your life would have resulted in a boatload of scholarship money.

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:35 pm

PARTY wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:

No. An understanding of your capabilities and a mature approach to a significantly important event in your life would have resulted in a boatload of scholarship money.
Obviously these two things are mutually exclusive. Also, every person who has ever taken a bar class was apparently played.

PARTY

Bronze

Post by PARTY » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:42 pm

It's hard to argue for the usefulness of classes when your apparent options were go to a class or put in a month of halfhearted effort into preparing for one of the two most important aspects of your law school application.

Edit: pardon me, but i overstated your prep time.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:55 pm

ToTransferOrNot wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
dingbat wrote:

You're an objectively worthless human being.
Cause I don't think mommy and daddy paying for you to get a good score makes you special? I've saved children in Africa and worked at various orphanages; I contribute a lot more to society than you and your Internet opinions

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PARTY

Bronze

Post by PARTY » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:58 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Cause I don't think mommy and daddy paying for you to get a good score makes you special? I've saved children in Africa and worked at various orphanages; I contribute a lot more to society than you and your Internet opinions
You're disgustingly self-righteous.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:00 pm

This thread was already funny, it didn't need trolling

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:06 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote: Cause I don't think mommy and daddy paying for you to get a good score makes you special? I've saved children in Africa and worked at various orphanages; I contribute a lot more to society than you and your Internet opinions
so your claim to fame us contributing to the world's overpopulation?

I'm not sure how deep into troll territory to take this...

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:10 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
No; more because of your self-righteous idiocy, along with your apparent assumption that "the poors" (I being one of them) are somehow incapable of making it on their own.
Last edited by ToTransferOrNot on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”