Keeping the family together -- Admissions question

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
ModelM2HB

Keeping the family together -- Admissions question

Postby ModelM2HB » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:40 pm

First of all, I'm new to the forums and this is my first post.

I have been accepted to IU - Bloomington and U of Iowa law, but am waitlisted at a number of programs including UC Davis. My fiancee has been accepted to Berkeley's journalism grad program, and I was wondering if before she accepts is there anything that can be done to push me off of the waitlist at Davis because of our upcoming marriage.

Is it possible that two schools in the same system could influence each other? If she says, "I would love to come to Berkeley and accept your generous scholarships, but I may have to stay and go to X university because my fiancee is waitlisted at Davis Law," would that spur them to call down the line? Has anyone else found that a strategy such as this has been successful?

Thanks to all in advance.

Richie Tenenbaum

Re: Keeping the family together -- Admissions question

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Write a LOCI to Davis stating that they are your top choice school and that you will enroll immediately if accepted off the WL. Then use your situation with your fiancé, along with the other reasons why you would live to attend Davis, to support that claim.

Doorkeeper

Re: Keeping the family together -- Admissions question

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:43 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:Write a LOCI to Davis stating that they are your top choice school and that you will enroll immediately if accepted off the WL. Then use your situation with your fiancé, along with the other reasons why you would live to attend Davis, to support that claim.

This is correct.

You should tell Davis about your situation with your fiance, and that as a result you will enroll if admitted off of the WL.

Return to “Law School FAQ”