basic questions

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
OhioU26

basic questions

Postby OhioU26 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:47 am

Hey guys, I have some pretty basic questions. 1) When putting a seat deposit down, do I need to notify the other schools who accepted me that I will not be attending their school? 2) After this quarter my gpa droped .5, I hope it doesnt happen again this time but it is my final quarter and I can imagine it wont be the easiest to concentrate so I am worried. Can law schools withdraw their offer if they see my gpa going down like that? Thanks guys, I apologize if these are dumb questions.

JasonR

Re: basic questions

Postby JasonR » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:27 pm

1) When putting a seat deposit down, do I need to notify the other schools who accepted me that I will not be attending their school?

You should. You can't deposit at more than one school, and it's a basic courtesy to everyone waiting for word from the schools that you don't plan to attend for you to let the schools know of your intentions as soon as possible.

2) After this quarter my gpa droped .5, I hope it doesnt happen again this time but it is my final quarter and I can imagine it wont be the easiest to concentrate so I am worried. Can law schools withdraw their offer if they see my gpa going down like that?

.5 or .05? Yes, law schools reserve the right to revoke an offer of admission based on academic performance prior to enrollment, among many other things. If you don't think you can concentrate enough to keep your grades up just because it's your final quarter, attending law school at this time is probably not a great idea.

OhioU26

Postby OhioU26 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:55 pm

sorry my mistake, .05, not .5, is that a significant enough for them to revoke it?

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 pm

OhioU26 wrote:sorry my mistake, .05, not .5, is that a significant enough for them to revoke it?

haha, .5 probably would be, but .05 is fine.

OhioU26

Postby OhioU26 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:33 pm

okay good, i was freaking out..

landla

Postby landla » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:01 am

JasonR wrote:
1) When putting a seat deposit down, do I need to notify the other schools who accepted me that I will not be attending their school?

You should. You can't deposit at more than one school, and it's a basic courtesy to everyone waiting for word from the schools that you don't plan to attend for you to let the schools know of your intentions as soon as possible.

I believe you can deposit at multiple schools for the first deposit. Read what you are signing, but it is my understanding that most schools do not make it binding.

Return to “Law School FAQ”