where to get updated law school employment data?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
senorhosh

where to get updated law school employment data?

Postby senorhosh » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:12 am

Is there a way to get updated law school employment data, much like the one on LST?

I feel like 2009 is not representative of the present or future conditions. School websites usually go up to 2009 or 2010, which requires me to make certain assumptions.

I know there's the NLJ250 list for biglaw but are there any more detailed sites that might give an updated breakdown of the employment numbers, much like LST? Thanks

dingbat

Re: where to get updated law school employment data?

Postby dingbat » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:18 am

senorhosh wrote:Is there a way to get updated law school employment data, much like the one on LST?

I feel like 2009 is not representative of the present or future conditions. School websites usually go up to 2009 or 2010, which requires me to make certain assumptions.

I know there's the NLJ250 list for biglaw but are there any more detailed sites that might give an updated breakdown of the employment numbers, much like LST? Thanks

The problem is that it takes a whole before such data can be compiled and released. Good schools should have data on the class of 2010 available. For the class of 2011, try contacting the school's career services and ask for any preliminary data they may have. Alternatively, ask them about the most recent 2L (and 1L) summer employment data - whatever they have available. No one else really tracks this stuff

Return to “Law School FAQ”