Good reason to go to law school?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Tarheel1234

Re: Good reason to go to law school?

Postby Tarheel1234 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:02 am

I just wanted to clarify, and my apologies for the misunderstanding, after receiving a B in Orgo I did not take the rest of the med prereqs. I also switched to law because I found out around that time I was not comfortable with bodily fluids (blood, etc.). Pre-med is out of the question for me, but I am starting to look into the pharmacy profession, just for the sake of salary and (hopefully) good job prospects upon graduation. I still need to do more research about the profession though.

Perdevise

Postby Perdevise » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:40 pm

acrossthelake wrote:At my undergrad, failed classes don't show up on your transcript, so it's the same thing as non-punitively dropping the course.

What the heck kind of undergrad does that?

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Perdevise wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:At my undergrad, failed classes don't show up on your transcript, so it's the same thing as non-punitively dropping the course.

A lot of schools used to do this when the draft was still in effect because if your grades fell below a certain GPA, you could be drafted. My undergrad did this too, and never stopped.

reformed calvinist

Postby reformed calvinist » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Perdevise wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gUqwNcgzfI#t=30s

reformed calvinist

Postby reformed calvinist » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Perdevise wrote:

That's badass though. So, does that mean that if you get, say, a C on the midterm, and it's too late to drop, you might as well just intentionally bomb the final?

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:06 pm

reformed calvinist wrote:
Perdevise wrote:

That's badass though. So, does that mean that if you get, say, a C on the midterm, and it's too late to drop, you might as well just intentionally bomb the final?

You can drop up until the first day of finals. So it's more like, sometimes some profs gave exam results back after finals had started (common in Organic Chem, actually), so then yes at that point you might as well intentionally bomb. People who are on the border between a C and fail in Organic Chem get called in and asked which they would prefer. I think a fair number take the fail on purpose.

Return to “Law School FAQ”