Notification re: Feelings from Feb LSAT

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
barrotmartin

Notification re: Feelings from Feb LSAT

Postby barrotmartin » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:39 pm

tl;dr: Did well on Feb LSAT as Dec retake, want to tell adcoms where apps are complete and am below median, sensitive about flagging as douchebag.

I've searched the forums but didn't find a definitive word on this:

Just got back from the February LSAT and came out of it feeling a lot better than December. My 10 practice tests leading up to this weekend were >170, ~9 points better than I did in December (nerves). I submitted applications in early Jan after my Dec scores-- and most are complete barring the ones that require waiting for the Feb score-- but does tls prior experience think I should notify the complete schools where my Dec score is below median?

Even though I didn't say so on applications, I'm pretty sure LSAC automatically notified them that I was registered/taking the Feb LSAT. In any case, would either category of school (incomplete, waiting for Feb scores; complete regardless) want to know how good I feel about the Feb sitting as an active applicant/retaker? While I'm sure they dgaf about how I feel, my inclination is still to write those that went complete that I did well.

PrincetonBound

Re: Notification re: Feelings from Feb LSAT

Postby PrincetonBound » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm not sure you should write specifically that you did well (since you can't really know until you get your score), but you may be able to ask schools to hold your app until scores come out. It is probably school specific, but I know USC emailed me asking if I wanted to keep my app in review or wait until Feb. scores were out.

Hope your gut is right!

barrotmartin

Postby barrotmartin » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Awesome, yeah I think I'm going to go ahead and risk it. I wish there was some kind of calculus for weighing 'even later complete date' vs 'significantly higher lsat' but I could wish for a lot of things, like my lsat score now.

I'm applying USC too!

barrotmartin

Postby barrotmartin » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:13 pm

In the end most schools I applied to put my application back to incomplete or 'held per request' after notification. That's a hard wager between incredible tardiness/a new lsat score. Anyhow, after some more searching I came up with a few threads concerning this topic-- found them helpful, perhaps someone else will too:

Short thread on notification:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175628

February panic:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=177362

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176610

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176603

Return to “Law School FAQ”