Chiropractor or Lawyer?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:50 am

suits00 wrote:Do you have all the prerequisites for Chiro school?


I have them for both. Thus the dilemma.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby bernaldiaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:51 am

Kabuo wrote:
chiro wrote:I have good enough GPA and scores to do either.



Wtf does this even mean? Anyone with a bachelors who bothered filling in bubbles on the LSAT has a spot reserved for them at some TTT.


Thank you. Was waiting for someone to pick up on what a dumb statement that was. Going to law school in and of itself isn't an accomplishment whatsoever.

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:53 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
Kabuo wrote:
chiro wrote:I have good enough GPA and scores to do either.



Wtf does this even mean? Anyone with a bachelors who bothered filling in bubbles on the LSAT has a spot reserved for them at some TTT.


Thank you. Was waiting for someone to pick up on what a dumb statement that was. Going to law school in and of itself isn't an accomplishment whatsoever.


never said it was, or that it was hard.

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:54 am

[/quote]If a person with a PhD insists on being called "Doctor" then they're a douchebag too. hth[/quote]

So according to you "Dr King" was a "dueshbag" wow. All I can say to that is wow. :shock:
Last edited by chiro on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby suits00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:55 am

What's your undergrad major?

lsatcrazy
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby lsatcrazy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:56 am

insists on being called "Doctor"


So according to you "Dr King" was a "dueshbag"


Classic RC fail.

asdflawyer
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby asdflawyer » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:57 am

Does anyone think the joint idea would do any good?[/quote]
If you introduce yourself as "Dr. _______" and you're a chiropractor, you're a douche and people will laugh at you. If you want the respect that comes with being a doctor, don't become a chiropractor; everyone looks down on them.[/quote]

+1 on the douchebag comment.[/quote]

How does a DC differ from any of the other hundreds of professions that use the title, many of whom never even see a patient?[/quote]
If a person with a PhD insists on being called "Doctor" then they're a douchebag too. hth[/quote]

I once had a teacher for Theatre Appreciation who had a PhD in Theatre and he referred to himself as Dr. and told everyone to refer to him as only Dr. Yes, he was the biggest douche on earth.

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby suits00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:58 am

lsatcrazy wrote:
insists on being called "Doctor"


So according to you "Dr King" was a "dueshbag"


Classic RC fail.


Something isn't adding up here with this thread...

lsatcrazy
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby lsatcrazy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:59 am

suits00 wrote:Something isn't adding up here with this thread...


Disagree. Some people are tripling their post count in one night.

User avatar
suits00
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby suits00 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:00 am

lsatcrazy wrote:
suits00 wrote:Something isn't adding up here with this thread...


Disagree. Some people are tripling their post count in one night.


I mean it seems like one of those things that aren't real--I forgot what it's called.

lsatcrazy
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby lsatcrazy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:04 am

suits00 wrote:
lsatcrazy wrote:
suits00 wrote:Something isn't adding up here with this thread...


Disagree. Some people are tripling their post count in one night.


I mean it seems like one of those things that aren't real--I forgot what it's called.


Perhaps you are referring to the JD/Chiropractor joint degree?

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:40 am

suits00 wrote:
lsatcrazy wrote:
insists on being called "Doctor"


So according to you "Dr King" was a "dueshbag"


Classic RC fail.


Something isn't adding up here with this thread...


Was Dr. King a dueshbag or not, simple question.
Last edited by chiro on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby 3|ink » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:08 am

chiro wrote:Was Dr. King a dueshbag or not, simple question.

suits00 wrote:
lsatcrazy wrote:
insists on being called "Doctor"


So according to you "Dr King" was a "dueshbag"


Classic RC fail.


Something isn't adding up here with this thread...

Did you intend to out yourself furcifer here? Guess NR didn't give you an IP ban.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby kalvano » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:20 am

Bildungsroman wrote:If a person with a PhD insists on being called "Doctor" then they're a douchebag too. hth



What about people with JD's who use the title "Doctor"?

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:25 am

kalvano wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:If a person with a PhD insists on being called "Doctor" then they're a douchebag too. hth



What about people with JD's who use the title "Doctor"?


Do you know any? I could see a Prof doing it I guess.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby kalvano » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:27 am

My business card will read "Doctor of Law, Mr. Kal V. Ano, Esquire".

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:29 am

kalvano wrote:My business card will read "Doctor of Law, Mr. Kal V. Ano, Esquire".


Then whatever standard given to Dr. King or anyone who uses that title without an MD would be equally applied.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby kalvano » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:32 am

chiro wrote:
kalvano wrote:My business card will read "Doctor of Law, Mr. Kal V. Ano, Esquire".


Then whatever standard given to Dr. King or anyone who uses that title without an MD would be equally applied.


What a fascinating argument. Please expound more on your theories, I'm teetering on the precipice of being convinced.

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:35 am

kalvano wrote:
chiro wrote:
kalvano wrote:My business card will read "Doctor of Law, Mr. Kal V. Ano, Esquire".


Then whatever standard given to Dr. King or anyone who uses that title without an MD would be equally applied.


What a fascinating argument. Please expound more on your theories, I'm teetering on the precipice of being convinced.


non MD doctor=non MD doctor The only simplier way to word it than that is to draw it on crayon to a room full of people who wear their robes to the cafeteria at lunchtime.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby kalvano » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:37 am

chiro wrote:
kalvano wrote:
chiro wrote:
kalvano wrote:My business card will read "Doctor of Law, Mr. Kal V. Ano, Esquire".


Then whatever standard given to Dr. King or anyone who uses that title without an MD would be equally applied.


What a fascinating argument. Please expound more on your theories, I'm teetering on the precipice of being convinced.


non MD doctor=non MD doctor The only simplier way to word it than that is to draw it on crayon to a room full of people who wear their robes to the cafeteria at lunchtime.


I put on my robe and wizard hat...

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18423
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby bk1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:37 am

chiro wrote:non MD doctor=non MD doctor The only simplier way to word it than that is to draw it on crayon to a room full of people who wear their robes to the cafeteria at lunchtime.


Wait, what do you mean by "doctor=non"?

User avatar
chiro
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby chiro » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:40 am

bk1 wrote:
chiro wrote:non MD doctor=non MD doctor The only simplier way to word it than that is to draw it on crayon to a room full of people who wear their robes to the cafeteria at lunchtime.


Wait, what do you mean by "doctor=non"?


Ah yes, the stellar minds that are awsome enough to share their Saturday late nights online discussing stuff like this. Bright minds I can see.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby Mal Reynolds » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:31 am

Chiropractors are glorified masseuses HTH.

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby mattviphky » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:43 am

When speaking to a chiropractor, I would refer to them as doctor, just as I did with my professors in ug. It is just a sign of respect and deference to their position. It is an honor that I would like to bestow on them, an honor history has bestowed on Dr. King. If you can show me something that suggests that Dr. King insisted on being called a doctor, I would seriously like to read it. But don't go around twisting words. Bildungsroman is above even justifying your attack, but I find it grating and douchey. But i think his original comment is correct. If a chiro went around calling themselves a doctor, it would seem a little laughable. The same goes for professors. But in my limited experience, it seems that chiros are far more guilty of this. Most professors don't refer to themselves as doctors in a conversation, in class, or even in articles. I'm not trying to shit on chiros, but I know one, and she does this to a point that it is totally annoying and puts a bad taste in my mouth about them. For instance, her facebook name was "Dr-xxx xxxx." I don't think you can even use periods in a facebook name, but she was so insistent that Dr. be in her title, that she used a hyphen. Now her facebook name is xxx xxxx DC. It's just really pretentious and makes her look like a dumbass. Further, I don't think she even practices now, but does some sort of physical training shit. I know this doesn't answer your question, but just do what make you happy. Just don't introduce yourself at a party as "John Q, esquire" or "Dr. John Q" whenever you get done. After that introduction, people will ask what you practice, and you say chiropractic, they will laugh in the car on their way home.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Chiropractor or Lawyer?

Postby 3|ink » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:50 am

chiro wrote:
suits00 wrote:
lsatcrazy wrote:
insists on being called "Doctor"


So according to you "Dr King" was a "dueshbag"


Classic RC fail.


Something isn't adding up here with this thread...


Was Dr. King a dueshbag or not, simple question.

FYI - we can all see that this was post edited after I called you out. Thank you for confirming your identity.
FYI - alting is prohibited on this forum, but I'm not going to report you because I'd rather see you banned for something sexier




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests