LOCI question

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
barbizon

LOCI question

Postby barbizon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:48 am

When sending a letter of continued interest, should I sent it as the text of an email in an informal way, or attach it as a word document?

Any knowledge on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks.

sillyboots

Re: LOCI question

Postby sillyboots » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:23 am

Iirc I sent it as an attachment to keep the formal format. I also faxed it and made a polite call toask admissions if they received the FAX. Showing eagerness is really key, schools will normally pick people they feel extremely confident will come. Also, be as sincere and gracious as possible when calling. First, because that's what you should do as a matter of courtesy. Also, though, never underestimate the power of charming someone in the office. Just my 02 cents

barbizon

Re: LOCI question

Postby barbizon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm

sillyboots wrote:Iirc I sent it as an attachment to keep the formal format. I also faxed it and made a polite call toask admissions if they received the FAX. Showing eagerness is really key, schools will normally pick people they feel extremely confident will come. Also, be as sincere and gracious as possible when calling. First, because that's what you should do as a matter of courtesy. Also, though, never underestimate the power of charming someone in the office. Just my 02 cents

Excellent response. Thank you!

Return to “Law School FAQ”