Scholarships and study abroad through other programs.

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
BK201

Scholarships and study abroad through other programs.

Postby BK201 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:08 am

If you have a scholarship to attend law school A , and decide to study abroad for a semester through a program by law school B, does law school A cover the tuition for that program? Furthermore, if the scholarship at law school A exceeds the tuition to study abroad, can the scholarship money be used to cover other expenses of that trip, such as room and board for example?

Also I'm aware that TLS seems to be against study abroad, and this question is asked simply out of curiosity.

Scotusnerd

Re: Scholarships and study abroad through other programs.

Postby Scotusnerd » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:08 am

You'd definately have to contact the admissions office about that.

As a side note, why the hell should people do travel abroad for a professional degree? :| Unless you're dead-set on pursuing international law, I really don't see the point in spending all of that and making it happen.

BK201

Postby BK201 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:50 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:You'd definately have to contact the admissions office about that.

As a side note, why the hell should people do travel abroad for a professional degree? :| Unless you're dead-set on pursuing international law, I really don't see the point in spending all of that and making it happen.

Probably because they regret not doing so during undergrad. Regardless of whether it will help secure a job or how much more expensive it is, the experience seems to be worth it for some.

eaper

Postby eaper » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:21 pm

BK201 wrote:
Scotusnerd wrote:You'd definately have to contact the admissions office about that.

Probably because they regret not doing so during undergrad. Regardless of whether it will help secure a job or how much more expensive it is, the experience seems to be worth it for some.

Unrelated, but I approve of your username.

Anyways, basically what he said. Some people want the life experience and stuff. I've also heard of people doing it to boost GPAs and lighten 2L work loads.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:36 pm

BK201 wrote:If you have a scholarship to attend law school A , and decide to study abroad for a semester through a program by law school B, does law school A cover the tuition for that program? Furthermore, if the scholarship at law school A exceeds the tuition to study abroad, can the scholarship money be used to cover other expenses of that trip, such as room and board for example?

Probably depends on the school. At my school, the scholarship covers study abroad only if you go through on of our exchanges.

One way to possible do it cheaper is to see if your school will transfer the credits if you directly enroll in a foreign university.

Return to “Law School FAQ”