Columbia email

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
glucose101

Columbia email

Postby glucose101 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:53 pm

I was going to apply to schools this past Oct, but decided to wait until this Oct. I had no LSAT scores, but had a subpar LSAC GPA already on my LSAC profile. I'm a Mexican-American that attended Middlebury College. I'm sure Columbia got (some of) my info from my LSAC profile. But, I'm wondering, is it common for Columbia to encourage students to apply? I didn't put much weight at all when I got the email in Oct, but now I'm curious if this means anything at all.

Guchster

Re: Columbia email

Postby Guchster » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:57 pm

glucose101 wrote:I was going to apply to schools this past Oct, but decided to wait until this Oct. I had no LSAT scores, but had a subpar LSAC GPA already on my LSAC profile. I'm a Mexican-American that attended Middlebury College. I'm sure Columbia got (some of) my info from my LSAC profile. But, I'm wondering, is it common for Columbia to encourage students to apply? I didn't put much weight at all when I got the email in Oct, but now I'm curious if this means anything at all.

It is common. Usually comes after taking the LSAT though.

Not sure, CLS like maintaining USNWR ratings by keeping their ding numbers high by getting lots of apps.

Return to “Law School FAQ”