Please Help! Enrollment Question.

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
AustinNash

Please Help! Enrollment Question.

Postby AustinNash » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:03 pm

I have been accepted to Baylor law for the Summer Quarter. I have to make my decision by February 15th, but I won't have heard back from all the schools I applied to by then. If I pay the $500 deposit fee for Baylor to hold my seat but then decide to go somewhere else before classes start in May, is that okay?

mtyler19

Re: Please Help! Enrollment Question.

Postby mtyler19 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:08 pm

AustinNash wrote:I have been accepted to Baylor law for the Summer Quarter. I have to make my decision by February 15th, but I won't have heard back from all the schools I applied to by then. If I pay the $500 deposit fee for Baylor to hold my seat but then decide to go somewhere else before classes start in May, is that okay?

Yes, but you most likely won't get your $500 deposit back.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Wait, and see if you have any other options other than Baylor.

danielhay11

Postby danielhay11 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:00 pm

You should be able to, but check the wording of their enrollment deposit form. One school I got into (NYU, I think?) actually says on its form that, by reserving your seat, you agree to withdraw your applications from all other schools.

I would wait until February 7ish and, if you haven't heard back from other schools, ask Baylor for an extension. Worse they can say is no.

Return to “Law School FAQ”