Obnoxious Law School adverts

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby hoos89 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:56 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby vpintz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:57 pm

hoos89 wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Regent Law. Ugh.


I've been getting bombarded by them. My favorite one comes with the subject line:

"Is your application on its way?"

Desperate much?

Every time I get their emails, I can't help but laugh, because they would.not.want me as a student.

drs36
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby drs36 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Got the same one from Phoenix with a bolded/capped proclamation that they are not associated with the University of Phoenix online. I lol'd.

User avatar
MachineLemon
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 am

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby MachineLemon » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Image

Great use of clipart. I can see where the 27k/year is going.

User avatar
chill
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 am

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby chill » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:09 pm

flem wrote:
vpintz wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:Regent Law. Ugh.


I've been getting bombarded by them. My favorite one comes with the subject line:

"Is your application on its way?"

Desperate much?

Every time I get their emails, I can't help but laugh, because they would.not.want me as a student.


Looks like they're willing to overlook atheism for my decent LSAT score? :shock:


+1 if you email them and ask.

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby vpintz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:20 pm

chill wrote:
flem wrote:
vpintz wrote:Every time I get their emails, I can't help but laugh, because they would.not.want me as a student.


Looks like they're willing to overlook atheism for my decent LSAT score? :shock:


+1 if you email them and ask.

Oh god, please do it. If you do, I'll email them and ask them to overlook my atheism and ~deviant sexuality

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby hoos89 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:26 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby hoos89 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:26 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:11 pm

In before Pat Robertson reports us to LSAC.

User avatar
chill
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 am

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby chill » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:15 pm

hoos89 wrote:part of the code of conduct deals with "sexual misconduct."


"The only sexual misconduct I get up to is missing sexual conduct."

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby vpintz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Tom Joad wrote:In before Pat Robertson reports us to LSAC.

Sometimes, I forget that he's still alive, and I live a happy life.
And then I remember. And I am unhappy.

This was one of those times. y u shatter my illusions?

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby hoos89 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:45 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vpintz
Posts: 1408
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby vpintz » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:53 pm

hoos89 wrote:got another from regent!

"Connect with us!"

sounds pretty gay to me...

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby Dream Machine » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:15 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:Anyone have any stories about ridiculous advertisements they've gotten from various schools?

Mine has to be this huge thing from Florida International University. It's huge, completely in color, and about 40 pages in length. It includes a course list, bios on all the professors, stunning visuals of their school and messages from the president. I know where my tuition money would go!

If I had a digital camera I'd post a picture of this monster.


Lol funny thing is I received this same literature and a letter encouraging me to apply, when I'd been accepted 3 months earlier. Lovely.

User avatar
Scotusnerd
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby Scotusnerd » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:23 pm

Dream Machine wrote:
Scotusnerd wrote:Anyone have any stories about ridiculous advertisements they've gotten from various schools?

Mine has to be this huge thing from Florida International University. It's huge, completely in color, and about 40 pages in length. It includes a course list, bios on all the professors, stunning visuals of their school and messages from the president. I know where my tuition money would go!

If I had a digital camera I'd post a picture of this monster.


Lol funny thing is I received this same literature and a letter encouraging me to apply, when I'd been accepted 3 months earlier. Lovely.


Don't go. :shock:

murray18
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby murray18 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:34 pm

I've gotten the same email from Iowa countless times. Countless. I also got a good one from Penn State right after the Sandusky scandal that emphasized how they were a close family and such. I want to say it even started out like this:

Dear X,

You may have heard about the recent troubles at Penn State....

User avatar
Jaeger
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby Jaeger » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:20 pm

Anyone else spammed by every one of the 396476343 law schools in Ohio?

User avatar
Lil Kev
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby Lil Kev » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:37 pm

BEAST_mode wrote:Fucking McGeorge sent me a fee waiver last week and already followed up as to whether I will be applying. I'm currently a 1L.


They will not stop bothering me.

User avatar
Lil Kev
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby Lil Kev » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:39 pm

MachineLemon wrote:Image

Great use of clipart. I can see where the 27k/year is going.


That's amazing.

backwards54
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby backwards54 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:37 pm

Jaeger wrote:Anyone else spammed by every one of the 396476343 law schools in Ohio?


I was as well! A lot from North Carolina also..

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby YankeeFan2 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:04 am

Just today I got a postcard, two emails, and a letter from Barry University. How do they send 4 items in one day!

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby Tom Joad » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:07 am

YankeeFan2 wrote:Just today I got a postcard, two emails, and a letter from Barry University. How do they send 4 items in one day!

"Shaq was in a Ph. D. program there so they must be good," my father said.

SUCO
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby SUCO » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Today's the day, _____ ... the day to submit your application. Submit your application by midnight tonight, ______, to be considered for admission with the following benefits - our way of recognizing your exceptional academic record:

.
.
.
.

_____, I know you would truly benefit from the rich academic experience that Regent Law has to offer, so I urge you to submit your application before midnight tonight.


I wonder when my application is due... Also the beginning of this email reminded me of the opening lines of the first episode of Dexter.

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby YankeeFan2 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 pm

SUCO wrote:Today's the day, _____ ... the day to submit your application. Submit your application by midnight tonight, ______, to be considered for admission with the following benefits - our way of recognizing your exceptional academic record:

.
.
.
.

_____, I know you would truly benefit from the rich academic experience that Regent Law has to offer, so I urge you to submit your application before midnight tonight.


I wonder when my application is due... Also the beginning of this email reminded me of the opening lines of the first episode of Dexter.


Got the same email today as well. Also, if you want I can give you the details to a webinar for RWU School of Law. (There will actually be real law school students talking about how to get accepted to RWU!) :shock:

User avatar
sarahmargie
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Re: Obnoxious Law School adverts

Postby sarahmargie » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Tom Joad wrote:Regent Law. Ugh.


Yeah. They're the ones who sent me an email (about the twelfth one) saying, "Do you need help filling out your Law School application?"

As if the only reason I hadn't applied yet was because I couldn't, and they would even want a person who was dumb enough that they had trouble filling out papers.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest