Hyperlink on resume?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
vamedic03

Re: Hyperlink on resume?

Postby vamedic03 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:12 pm

BeerMaker wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Errzii wrote:Sure, I don't see why not? In fact, what you really should do is put your entire application is a video-essay form and upload it to youtube then just link them that. It will show adcomms that you are a creative individual and adds a personal touch to your application. I heard a few years back some girl got into Harvard by doing this. Good luck!

Georgetown has a section on their application where you can record a one minute video and provide the youtbe link. No joke.

I think that's a fantastic idea. If I were between two people and I had a chance to watch a video of them, I'd do it. Looks go a long way. Good looking people are more confident and successful. By good looking, I don't necessarily mean super model. I'm just saying someone who takes care of their body, is well groomed (trimmed beard :), is more likely to be successful. Also, social skills could be portrayed in a video. We all know how many people end up at some of the most elite law schools who lack social skills. They end up bums in the profession.

Or SCOTUS clerks...

BeerMaker

Postby BeerMaker » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:46 pm

paratactical wrote:
BeerMaker wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Errzii wrote:Sure, I don't see why not? In fact, what you really should do is put your entire application is a video-essay form and upload it to youtube then just link them that. It will show adcomms that you are a creative individual and adds a personal touch to your application. I heard a few years back some girl got into Harvard by doing this. Good luck!

Georgetown has a section on their application where you can record a one minute video and provide the youtbe link. No joke.

I think that's a fantastic idea. If I were between two people and I had a chance to watch a video of them, I'd do it. Looks go a long way. Good looking people are more confident and successful. By good looking, I don't necessarily mean super model. I'm just saying someone who takes care of their body, is well groomed (trimmed beard :), is more likely to be successful. Also, social skills could be portrayed in a video. We all know how many people end up at some of the most elite law schools who lack social skills. They end up bums in the profession.

I've found that in Biglaw, people obsessed with taking care of their bodies often collapse under the stress quickly and provide poor team morale when they ask for salads for dinner at the end of a 14 hour work day.

This was obviously sarcastic, right :roll:

thesoccerlily

Postby thesoccerlily » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:25 am

So the consensus was no? I managed several websites for a year and have included links on my resume. Should I take them off?

Return to “Law School FAQ”