Study Abroad Credit Question (not the usual question) Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
KeySmooth

New

Study Abroad Credit Question (not the usual question)

Post by KeySmooth » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:51 am

Hey guys,

So I'm about to submit my applications for law school. My transcript has been sent and should be processed in the next couple of days but I studied abroad last semester (end of junior year) and haven't gotten the credit transferred by my home university as of yet. They are taking a while to process it and the credits should be up in 2-3 weeks. I passed all my classes abroad. Does anyone know if the law schools need this updated transcript before they will review my application? Right now it says that I was studying abroad on my transcript but doesn't have a pass or fail yet, just a K. Could I just send an addendum saying that I passed all the courses, they won't affect my GPA (pass/fail), and that I will provide them with a new transcript when available?

Also, having a transcript sent from the abroad university would take longer, so that's not really an option.

worldtraveler

Platinum

Re: Study Abroad Credit Question (not the usual question)

Post by worldtraveler » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:14 am

What kind of study abroad? Direct enrollment? You'll probably have to get the transcript from the school.

KeySmooth

New

Re: Study Abroad Credit Question (not the usual question)

Post by KeySmooth » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:50 am

It was through another program that interacts with my school. So basically, that program gets my transcript from the foreign university and my home university gives me credit. I read the rules on the LSAC website and I know that it's the one where I don't need to turn in a transcript from that University. Just wondering if Law School's will need to see a Pass/Fail grade on my home school transcript before they look at my applications or will just be ok (maybe with an addendum I submit) "knowing" that I passed the courses.

Basically wondering if the K on a transcript from last semester is enough for them to hold my applications until they see a P?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”