health law?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

health law?

Postby Geneva » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:36 pm

the idea of health law intrigues me, but i'm not sure exactly what it is...does anyone know about health law? if so, please elaborate on what sort of legal training is necessary to do health law and what exactly the practice of health law entails. thanks!

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: health law?

Postby Geneva » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:46 pm

annnnyone?

JK910
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: health law?

Postby JK910 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:20 am

you're serious? you can't figure out what health law is after a simple google search?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: health law?

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:22 am

It can vary. Two big branches of health law (as I understand it from talking to health law lawyers) are 1) regulatory work that hospitals and other healthcare providers have to deal with and 2) med mal defense work. There may be others, I dunno. One of the firms I interviewed with is big into health law and this was kind of how I understood the division within their health law department.

creigar
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Re: health law?

Postby creigar » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:28 pm

romothesavior wrote:It can vary. Two big branches of health law (as I understand it from talking to health law lawyers) are 1) regulatory work that hospitals and other healthcare providers have to deal with and 2) med mal defense work. There may be others, I dunno. One of the firms I interviewed with is big into health law and this was kind of how I understood the division within their health law department.


It also includes acting as an advisor to hospitals and health care organizations regarding good practice for avoiding lawsuits and mediation. Considering the current debate, lobbying at the state or national level is also an option

dudders
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: health law?

Postby dudders » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:30 pm

don't forget benefits/ERISA, either for large employers, plan design, plan administration, etc.

User avatar
FUBAR
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: health law?

Postby FUBAR » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Geneva wrote:the idea of health law intrigues me, but i'm not sure exactly what it is...


???

Learn to love ERISA, managed care organizations, everything regarding the ACA, EMTALA, Medicare, Medicaid & med-mal.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: health law?

Postby Geneva » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:05 am

thanks guys! this sounds (mostly) way less interesting than i had hoped...

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: health law?

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:09 am

Geneva wrote:thanks guys! this sounds (mostly) way less interesting than i had hoped...


:D :D this is what I'm interested in, and this is the exact response I get when I describe it to people.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19667
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: health law?

Postby dailygrind » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:11 pm


Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: health law?

Postby Geneva » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:52 pm

dailygrind wrote:http://www.chambers-associate.com/Practice-Area-Summaries/238


Thank you! This is exactly the info I was looking for. I wonder if I should also be considering mph programs...




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bns212, forumsleuth, Kaziende, SweetTort, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests