low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
t14retaker
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:39 am

low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby t14retaker » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 am

Well, Lsat 163, twice, don't want to retake it any more.
GPA, above average evaluated by CAS.
not URM, so am I crazy? definitely Rej, or still have a shot?

I read LSN, what do those low numbers getting in T14 mean? Are they all URMs?

Need help! Really anxious about my ED decision.

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby omninode » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:52 am

t14retaker wrote:I read LSN, what do those low numbers getting in T14 mean? Are they all URMs?


Many of them are URM. Some of them may have some very impressive personal experience that makes them desirable beyond their numbers.

Sorry, but you probably have zero chance at Michigan with a 163, unless you have some crazy impressive life story.

t14retaker
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:39 am

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby t14retaker » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:01 am

omninode wrote:
t14retaker wrote:I read LSN, what do those low numbers getting in T14 mean? Are they all URMs?


Many of them are URM. Some of them may have some very impressive personal experience that makes them desirable beyond their numbers.

Sorry, but you probably have zero chance at Michigan with a 163, unless you have some crazy impressive life story.


Thanks for your info.

I thought these days I am taking a definitely losing gamble, anyway, by "very impressive personal experience" do you mean I should from Vietnam or North Korea, having formed Political Party or something like that??

In now way I did that kind of things...

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby omninode » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:08 am

Some kind of amazing accomplishment or story of personal hardship may give you an advantage. Sorry I cannot be specific about what would help. It is hard to predict how much schools will value these things.

t14retaker
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:39 am

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby t14retaker » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:24 am

Thank you though.

I will wait and see the result.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7165
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:21 pm

You have less than a one in a million shot. Sorry, you really do need to retake to get into Mich.

WSJ_Law
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 am

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby WSJ_Law » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:58 pm

1. Get 163 or less
2. ED UIUC
3. Attend w 75% scholly
4. Get shut out of Chicago OCI like everyone at that festering shithole TTT
5. Hang shingle w Paul Pless
6. ???
7. Profit

User avatar
omninode
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby omninode » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:09 am

WSJ_Law wrote:1. Get 163 or less
2. ED UIUC
3. Attend w 75% scholly
4. Get shut out of Chicago OCI like everyone at that festering shithole TTT
5. Hang shingle w Paul Pless
6. ???
7. Profit



Off topic and stupid as hell. Good for you.

achewood
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:02 am

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby achewood » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:33 pm

t14retaker wrote:
omninode wrote:
t14retaker wrote:I read LSN, what do those low numbers getting in T14 mean? Are they all URMs?


Many of them are URM. Some of them may have some very impressive personal experience that makes them desirable beyond their numbers.

Sorry, but you probably have zero chance at Michigan with a 163, unless you have some crazy impressive life story.


Thanks for your info.

I thought these days I am taking a definitely losing gamble, anyway, by "very impressive personal experience" do you mean I should from Vietnam or North Korea, having formed Political Party or something like that??

In now way I did that kind of things...


Wait what?

User avatar
paul34
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby paul34 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:43 pm

.
Last edited by paul34 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

achewood
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:02 am

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby achewood » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:45 pm

No I wasn't dissing his English, I'd be pretty interested in that personal statement

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:49 pm

achewood wrote:No I wasn't dissing his English, I'd be pretty interested in that personal statement

Yeah I had the same reaction as achewood, because I thought OP was saying "In a way", not "In no way", which would indicate that he started a political party in Vietnam or N Korea o_o

User avatar
paul34
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby paul34 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 pm

.
Last edited by paul34 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: low LSAT not URM ED Michigan, am I crazy?

Postby Worker and Parasite » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:56 pm

Kim Jong-il's kids are auto-accepts at Michigan




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests