Big4 Background to Litigation Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
tourist

New

Big4 Background to Litigation

Post by tourist » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi all,

I posted a topic last week about whether TFA or Big 4 auditing was more significant WE for law school. I still have not decided what to do with my life, or if I will ever pursue law school despite it being a long-term goal. All the business law classes have I taken have re-sparked my interest.

So I get that Big 4 audit is a good background for transactional law and corporate law, but will it pigeon-hole me? If I am a CPA applying to legal job will it prohibit me from pursuing litigation?

I am sorry if this is a foolish question, but I couldn't find an answer through the search.

ggocat

Gold

Re: Big4 Background to Litigation

Post by ggocat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:53 pm

tourist wrote:So I get that Big 4 audit is a good background for transactional law and corporate law, but will it pigeon-hole me? If I am a CPA applying to legal job will it prohibit me from pursuing litigation?
No. And your experience will be looked upon favorably if you decide to pursue litigation in a field such as tax.

ahduth

Gold

Re: Big4 Background to Litigation

Post by ahduth » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:31 pm

ggocat wrote:
tourist wrote:So I get that Big 4 audit is a good background for transactional law and corporate law, but will it pigeon-hole me? If I am a CPA applying to legal job will it prohibit me from pursuing litigation?
No. And your experience will be looked upon favorably if you decide to pursue litigation in a field such as tax.
I think there's an element here beyond just that of the "content" of Big 4 work experience. Having worked in a client-driven professional environment will more generally be to your benefit as well.

But being able to thrash a financial statement sure as hell won't hurt.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”