If you are over a school's 75th... Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: If you are over a school's 75th...

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:03 am

EMZE wrote:stone cold serious. I sent my first app in to Yale in 1998, using my middle school grades. When I showed my LSN during job interviews, just that fact that I had the cajones to apply landed me a job at petsmart. Once I got my first TTT admission and was able to show an admit during my next round of part time employment auditions, I scored a job at the dry cleaners down the street. It's only been uphill from there. You're a fool if you aren't using LSN as a part of your resume.
:roll: :roll:

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:08 am

EMZE wrote:stone cold serious. I sent my first app in to Yale in 1998, using my middle school grades. When I showed my LSN during job interviews, just that fact that I had the cajones to apply landed me a job at petsmart. Once I got my first TTT admission and was able to show an admit during my next round of part time employment auditions, I scored a job at the dry cleaners down the street. It's only been uphill from there. You're a fool if you aren't using LSN as a part of your resume.
It's a joke! Remember those? +1

westinghouse60

Bronze

Post by westinghouse60 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:31 am

EMZE wrote: Me. I do this.

People live or die by LSN around these parts of town. You can make up for every T14 denial with 14 tier 2 acceptances. I have no intention of going to law school. But I am hoping to at least show my LSN during my next job interview. I've been applying to law schools every year since 1998. Yales gonna bite eventually.
Obvious trolling is obvious, but...
msblaw89 wrote:
I guess I don't understand the point of a LSN profile.. and why applying to more schools is a big deal? Do law schools scope out the profile or something? I guess... what is the advantages of having a LSN profile with lots of "accepts" other than to intimidate/show off to other LSN stalkers?
Way more subtle/successful trolling (taking obvious troll is obvious seriously), if this was actually trolling. But its probably not.

Anyway, how true is it that UVA WLs so many people because they aren't writing "why UVAs"? I always figured it was because they filled up a bigger proportion of their class with ED applicants so RDs, even with great numbers, got wait listed (compared to MP). I visited there and really loved it, but don't want to be stuck with applying ED (and almost certainly getting in) vs RD and having no shot.

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:08 am

westinghouse60 wrote:

People live or die by LSN around these parts of town. You can make up for every T14 denial with 14 tier 2 acceptances. I have no intention of going to law school. But I am hoping to at least show my LSN during my next job interview. I've been applying to law schools every year since 1998. Yales gonna bite eventually.
msblaw89 wrote:
I guess I don't understand the point of a LSN profile.. and why applying to more schools is a big deal? Do law schools scope out the profile or something? I guess... what is the advantages of having a LSN profile with lots of "accepts" other than to intimidate/show off to other LSN stalkers?
Way more subtle/successful trolling (taking obvious troll is obvious seriously), if this was actually trolling. But its probably not.

Anyway, how true is it that UVA WLs so many people because they aren't writing "why UVAs"? I always figured it was because they filled up a bigger proportion of their class with ED applicants so RDs, even with great numbers, got wait listed (compared to MP). I visited there and really loved it, but don't want to be stuck with applying ED (and almost certainly getting in) vs RD and having no shot.
I'm not trolling.. I'm just a newbie. It's naivety I suppose. I promise :D

EMZE

Silver

Post by EMZE » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:30 am

I'll clarify so there's no confusion as to my intent.

I was joking, hoping it was obvious enough that no one would take me serious, and mostly blowing off steam here instead of on my status checkers. Copecetic?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:37 am

EMZE wrote:I'll clarify so there's no confusion as to my intent.

I was joking, hoping it was obvious enough that no one would take me serious, and mostly blowing off steam here instead of on my status checkers. Copecetic?
It's okay, everyone's just on their periods or something.

EMZE

Silver

Post by EMZE » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Bildungsroman wrote: It's okay, everyone's just on their periods or something.
Is that what happens? People spend so much time TLS they synchronize their cycles?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
EMZE wrote:I'll clarify so there's no confusion as to my intent.

It's okay, everyone's just on their periods or something paranoid waiting on acceptances.
ftfy, Bils

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:07 pm

westinghouse60 wrote:

msblaw89 wrote:

I've never understood the obsession with Why X's. I put thought and research into them, but for the schools that I didn't actually visit or talk to students from, the whole process took no more than a couple hours, and one of them took 15 minutes. I don't see why this gets schools to think you're serious about attending when all it's really showing is that you're being responsible about not half-assing your apps

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Hawkeye Pierce wrote: Not even a funny flame attempt.
utterly useless

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”