UC Davis or taking a year off? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
aliceydu

Bronze

UC Davis or taking a year off?

Post by aliceydu » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi, I just got my LSAT score back: 161. I'm disappointed because I was scoring a little higher on my PTs. My GPA is 3.6, so I guess I have ~50% of getting in UC Davis? (I'm a first generation female Chinese immigrant, if that matters at all). It would be great if I were accepted... but my real concern is what I should do if I were NOT accepted.

I don't want to go to a mediocre law school, and I don't want to take the December LSAT. I cancelled my June score, so if I were to take it once again, I want to be completely ready.

I'm a third year college student, but I am graduating in June. Should I work for a year (and what kind of work?), take the LSAT a 3rd time, and THEN apply again? Do I actually have a good chance of getting in Davis?

Thanks!

American_in_China

Bronze

Re: UC Davis or taking a year off?

Post by American_in_China » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:43 am

Take a year off, teach English in China.

Dustin.

New

Post by Dustin. » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:08 am

Taking a year off would be a good idea.

Retake the LSAT, get into a better school, and get some work experience.

Norwood

Bronze

Post by Norwood » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:38 pm

Yup, you're still young so take a year off. Get some work experience and save up some money to fund your law school tuition. There's no point in rushing into a situation that you would hate to be in for the next 3 years. Hey, maybe you'll find out that law school just isn't for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”