Boosting Undergrad GPA? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
dm188

New

Boosting Undergrad GPA?

Post by dm188 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Quick question here:

I am currently in my junior year of undergrad and have been perusing these boards to get some information on applying to LS.

I am a Bio Major currently, with an LSAC computed GPA of 3.88. My School does not offer A+, but does have A- which I recieved several of in my science classes. I can easily earn A's in all of my non-sci classes, but the science classes can be a bit difficult at times.

Because of this I am looking for a way to bump my GPA up as high as possible. My thoughts were to take several easy Comm. College classes this summer, which I am thinking will get factored into my LSAC computed GPA. Am I right to assume this? It seems almost too easy and I figure there must be a flaw in my reasoning or everyone would be doing this.

I would appreciate any and all info on this topic,

Thanks,
Doug

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Boosting Undergrad GPA?

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:36 pm

any college level course taken before your first bachelor's degree is counted, so yes

dm188

New

Post by dm188 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:37 pm

Great, thanks for the help.

Are the comm. college classes weighted any differently, or do the credit hours only matter?

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:39 pm

dm188 wrote:Great, thanks for the help.

Are the comm. college classes weighted any differently, or do the credit hours only matter?
An A in a 3 credit nuclear physics class is weighted the same as an A in a 3 credit jogging class (if there is such a thing). The system is flawed, but take advantage of it!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:42 pm

law4vus wrote:

An A in a 3 credit nuclear physics class is weighted the same as an A in a 3 credit jogging class (if there is such a thing). The system is flawed, but take advantage of it!
This doesn't totally answer the question. No, community college and regular college classes are given the same weight-per-credit hour

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Blessedassurance

Gold

Post by Blessedassurance » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Why don't you just take easy non-science classes at your current college?

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Post by FloridaCoastalorbust » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Save several particularly difficult courses for your 2nd semester of your senior year so they won't appear on your transcript when you apply.

dm188

New

Post by dm188 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:48 pm

I actually am putting physics on the backburnner until senior year to spare my gpa a bit. I am planning on taking some easier classes at my main school, but thought it would be a good idea to throw some easy A's in at the comm college.

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:45 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
law4vus wrote:

This doesn't totally answer the question. No, community college and regular college classes are given the same weight-per-credit hour
I thought was asking about communications classes, not community college classes. So in that way, it does answer the question! :P

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”