Misconduct? What to do Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
theoceandmb

New

Misconduct? What to do

Post by theoceandmb » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi everyone, long time reader first-time poster. On Saturday, during the second section, the proctor came up to me with a yellow slip and set it on my desk. I had not received a warning for anything, nor did I think I had done anything wrong. Naturally, I was extremely shaken, and approached her during the fifteen minute break. I asked her what it was for and she said that I had not put my pencil down fast enough after she said time. This is bullsh** because I was filling in my last bubble and set it down about .5 seconds after time was called. On the yellow sheet is says "suspected worked past time". Not even DID work past time, but suspected. I was furious, but finished the test alright. I feel that I did well, but now I am worried this will hurt my chances for something that I feel I didn't do, or was extremely blown out of proportion. Additionally, this proctor gave out 4 of these in our room of 12 kids. Ridiculous.

Anyway, thats my rant. What should I do about this? Im trying to stay calm, but I worked WAY too hard for WAY too long to let this hurt my chances. Any advice?

Please no smart-ass comments. Now isn't the time.

theoceandmb

New

Re: Misconduct? What to do

Post by theoceandmb » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Also, I guess I should ask what this yellow sheet means in term of my score in the first place? Do I not receive my score, is there some kind of asterisk? Thanks

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Re: Misconduct? What to do

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:04 pm

You should probably contact LSAC Monday morning. It seems kind of suspicious that the proctor handed out those yellow slips to 1/3 of the room... Hopefully the other three people will report it, too, which could help your cause.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”