Do I have to use LSAC’s Transcript Request Forms in order.. Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Tainted_Praise

Bronze

Do I have to use LSAC’s Transcript Request Forms in order..

Post by Tainted_Praise » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Do I hve to use LSAC's Transcript Request Forms in order to have my transpict received and properly processed? I'm so confused right now. Because I just recently had it sent from the National Clearing House. And at the time I was unaware that I had to fax the Transcript Request Form to my university, so that they could enclose it with my transcript...I woke up this morning.. And to my surprise LSAC.org sent me an email saying that one of my transcripts has been received...... What does this mean? I'm confused. Is it still considered valid?

leacha5

New

Re: Do I have to use LSAC’s Transcript Request Forms in order..

Post by leacha5 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:54 pm

I had to go through the National Clearinghouse too, and I wasn't able to attach the routing form. When I contacted LSAC about it, they said that they will process it even without the routing form as long as they have a way of knowing who you are. The person said that they have that trouble with the clearinghouse pretty often and expect that some transcripts may not have the routing form. I was told that it just might take longer for it to clear though. Actually, in my case, they managed to process that transcript faster than the others. You should be fine.

941law

Bronze

Re: Do I have to use LSAC’s Transcript Request Forms in order..

Post by 941law » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:22 am

More often than not it will get processed without lsac's form, but there are many examples on this site where people got screwed.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”