Employment situation really that dire?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
bandenjamin

Re: Employment situation really that dire?

Postby bandenjamin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:17 pm

As someone who worked as a Sr. Store Manager for a similar company to Hot Topic, if you think you're only working 50 hours a week you are dreaming..... and 12 years ago the starting salary was about $24k a year, with "top" people making around $30k. Just to clarify.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:46 pm

bandenjamin wrote:As someone who worked as a Sr. Store Manager for a similar company to Hot Topic, if you think you're only working 50 hours a week you are dreaming..... and 12 years ago the starting salary was about $24k a year, with "top" people making around $30k. Just to clarify.

You mean.. fast food doesn't have the lowest-paying management positions? :|

bandenjamin

Postby bandenjamin » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:25 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
bandenjamin wrote:As someone who worked as a Sr. Store Manager for a similar company to Hot Topic, if you think you're only working 50 hours a week you are dreaming..... and 12 years ago the starting salary was about $24k a year, with "top" people making around $30k. Just to clarify.

Actually a few of the people I worked with parlayed their experience in to fast food management.

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:33 pm

bandenjamin wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:

Actually a few of the people I worked with parlayed their experience in to fast food management.

Yeah, from my experience.. BK and KFC/TacoBell tend to pay the best and had a relatively fast ladder out of the store and into corporate management pre-recession. Now, I'm not sure as I parlayed that experience into the I.T. field for a F500.

monarchylover

Postby monarchylover » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:43 pm

If you had a job offer from a F500 (reallyF100) at headquarters as a financial analyst starting in the $50s(in a cheap metropolis). Would you take it even if you really wanted to become a lawyer but could see yourself working for a few years and shooting for a top MBA?

Gecko of Doom

Postby Gecko of Doom » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:43 pm

ResolutePear wrote:
bandenjamin wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:

Yeah, from my experience.. BK and KFC/TacoBell tend to pay the best and had a relatively fast ladder out of the store and into corporate management pre-recession. Now, I'm not sure as I parlayed that experience into the I.T. field for a F500.

BK, KFC, Taco Bell: the HYS of fast food management?

monarchylover

Postby monarchylover » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:55 pm

monarchylover wrote:If you had a job offer from a F500 (reallyF100) at headquarters as a financial analyst starting in the $50s(in a cheap metropolis). Would you take it even if you really wanted to become a lawyer but could see yourself working for a few years and shooting for a top MBA?

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:54 pm

monarchylover wrote:
monarchylover wrote:If you had a job offer from a F500 (reallyF100) at headquarters as a financial analyst starting in the $50s(in a cheap metropolis). Would you take it even if you really wanted to become a lawyer but could see yourself working for a few years and shooting for a top MBA?

It's actually preferable that you just start a thread dedicated to your question instead of trying to throw it in multiple marginally related threads.

WSJ_Law

Postby WSJ_Law » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:24 pm

monarchylover wrote:

Trolling

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Gecko of Doom wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
bandenjamin wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:

BK, KFC, Taco Bell: the HYS of fast food management?

KFC and Tacobell are the same entity - along with Long John Silvers, PizzaHut(I think), and A&W.

I wouldn't call them HYS, but in BK's case.. HQ's in Miami, FL. So.. at least you'll live somewhere that never snows.

monarchylover

Postby monarchylover » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:51 pm

WSJ_Law wrote:
monarchylover wrote:

Trolling

how am I trolling I am asking a legitimate question. This website is ridiculous you're on the internet.....

WSJ_Law

Postby WSJ_Law » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:52 pm

I would love to see a T14 to Food Industry comparison like that of the pokemon thread. LOL.

MVP = TacoBell/KFC/PizzaHut ... take your pick
etc.

???
Profit

monarchylover

Postby monarchylover » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:53 pm

WSJ_Law wrote:I would love to see a T14 to Food Industry comparison like that of the pokemon thread. LOL.

etc.

???
Profit

o but this is relevant input.....
this is the essence of TLS....

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:09 am

monarchylover wrote:
WSJ_Law wrote:I would love to see a T14 to Food Industry comparison like that of the pokemon thread. LOL.

etc.

???
Profit

My topic warranted discussion through consensus. Your topic did not.

You then proceed to bump your question as if nobody saw it, then complain when told that if you want an answer you should make your thread.

Yes, this indeed is the essence of TLS.

monarchylover

Postby monarchylover » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:23 am

ResolutePear wrote:
monarchylover wrote:

etc.

???
Profit

You then proceed to bump your question as if nobody saw it, then complain when told that if you want an answer you should make your thread.

Lick my ass cunt pear

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:38 am

monarchylover wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
monarchylover wrote:

etc.

???
Profit

Lick my ass cunt pear

--ImageRemoved--

Gecko of Doom

Postby Gecko of Doom » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:42 am

Classy, monarchylover.

Return to “Law School FAQ”