Question about applications

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Klinklang

Question about applications

Postby Klinklang » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:00 pm

Probably not the greatest question, but I wanted to make sure there won't be any surprises later on. For the personal statement and resume parts of my application, do I need to physically send them to LSAC, or can I just add them as attachments from my Documents when I'm actually applying to each school?

ksmiller83

Re: Question about applications

Postby ksmiller83 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:08 pm

You'll add them as attachments on the LSAC website for each separate application.

mrtoren

Postby mrtoren » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:18 pm

ksmiller83 wrote:You'll add them as attachments on the LSAC website for each separate application.

TCR

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:22 pm

To clarify, you upload all your documents (addenda, essays, resume, etc.) in one place. You can have different versions of things; just make sure you name them something descriptive (e.g. 'Stanford PS' or 'Why Mich' or whatever). When you go to submit an app, you pick the documents you want included in that application package from the list. It's nice because you can start uploading things as you finish them and don't have to do it all at once when you're ready to submit an app.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:16 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:To clarify, you upload all your documents (addenda, essays, resume, etc.) in one place. You can have different versions of things; just make sure you name them something descriptive (e.g. 'Stanford PS' or 'Why Mich' or whatever). When you go to submit an app, you pick the documents you want included in that application package from the list. It's nice because you can start uploading things as you finish them and don't have to do it all at once when you're ready to submit an app.

Where's the upload feature on the LSAC website? I've been looking for it, but I can't find it (and the search function on here was not very helpful =/ )

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:19 pm

vpintz wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:To clarify, you upload all your documents (addenda, essays, resume, etc.) in one place. You can have different versions of things; just make sure you name them something descriptive (e.g. 'Stanford PS' or 'Why Mich' or whatever). When you go to submit an app, you pick the documents you want included in that application package from the list. It's nice because you can start uploading things as you finish them and don't have to do it all at once when you're ready to submit an app.

Where's the upload feature on the LSAC website? I've been looking for it, but I can't find it (and the search function on here was not very helpful =/ )

It's available once apps open in the first app you complete.

vpintz

Postby vpintz » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:22 pm

acrossthelake wrote:
vpintz wrote:

It's available once apps open in the first app you complete.

Ah, I see. Thanks so much! =D

Return to “Law School FAQ”