Which law schools require senior fall semester grades?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
sighsigh

Which law schools require senior fall semester grades?

Postby sighsigh » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:17 am

I'm mainly interested in the T-6. If I apply in September of my fourth (last) year, I will have three years of grades to give LSAC. Do I also have to send LSAC the grades from the first half of my fourth year once December roles around? What happens if I just don't? Because I think they will suck. :(

Thanks.

shoeshine

Re: Which law schools require senior fall semester grades?

Postby shoeshine » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:21 am

sighsigh wrote:I'm mainly interested in the T-6. If I apply in September of my fourth (last) year, I will have three years of grades to give LSAC. Do I also have to send LSAC the grades from the first half of my fourth year once December roles around? What happens if I just don't? Because I think they will suck. :(

Thanks.

They all might. But none specifically do. Any school you go to will ask for an updated official transcript before school starts.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:22 am

I got into most of mine before my fall semester grades were out. Some will explicitly request them of certain applicants randomly (I believe Columbia did this), however, and if you don't comply, that will look weird.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:24 am

You should definitely anticipate having to send in your fall grades, so don't slack off. But, it's definitely plausible you won't have to send in fall grades to NYU or Harvard, because they both accept people before the end of December. As for the others, I don't think any of them usually accept students prior to the end of January at the earliest, so you should at least anticipate having to send in your grades. Some schools may request them, others might not. I think Columbia asks for grades, and I honestly do not remember about the others (didn't really have a realistic shot, so I didn't pay much attention). I will defer to other posters for those schools.

ColomboHeat

Postby ColomboHeat » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:11 pm

shoeshine wrote:
sighsigh wrote:I'm mainly interested in the T-6. If I apply in September of my fourth (last) year, I will have three years of grades to give LSAC. Do I also have to send LSAC the grades from the first half of my fourth year once December roles around? What happens if I just don't? Because I think they will suck. :(

Thanks.

They all might. But none specifically do. Any school you go to will ask for an updated official transcript before school starts.

This is correct. The ABA requires proof that all entering students have earned a bachelor's degree. The school will require official transcripts to be sent prior to registration and enrollment.

Return to “Law School FAQ”