What makes humanities majors better prepared?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Patriot1208

Re: What makes humanities majors better prepared?

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:44 am

downing wrote:I don't believe humanities majors are more prepared, and may even be impaired due to the way we right.

It seems so

IamJosh

Postby IamJosh » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:58 am

I'm an English major. I decided to major in English junior year of high school, way before I even thought about law. Anyway, I doubt there is really that big of a difference between majors. Spending four years reading and writing can't hurt, that's for sure, but spending four years problem solving can't hurt either, you know? Engineers are the only ones for whom I could even suggest a really small disadvantage because (at least at my school) they have no real liberal arts core requirement. If you major in math or physics or something where I go, you're still in Arts and Sciences so you take a writing course freshman year and are required to take two more writing intensive courses during the four years. You also have to do at least one class from basically every discipline, so you end up with a fair amount of reading and writing anyway. Engineers don't have to do that.

Bottom line, I'd say any liberal arts student can be very well prepared for law school regardless of major, but, like everyone else has said, it makes little difference if you're not one.

Also:
Patriot1208 wrote:
downing wrote:I don't believe humanities majors are more prepared, and may even be impaired due to the way we right.

It seems so

downing

Postby downing » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:

It seems so

whoops, I almost feel bad about that.

Return to “Law School FAQ”