PADs

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

PADs

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Is anyone in a Law School fraternity like Phi Alpha Delta?

Any insights would be appreciated. Do people think that it is worth it?

Benifits? Cons?

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: PADs

Postby jbarl1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:48 pm

We have a PAD chapter at my school and I joined. It's fun for the social things and is an easy leadership opportunity. There are a few people in my chapter who got interviews out of it, but I don't think it makes a huge difference one way or the other.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: PADs

Postby jbarl1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:54 pm

P.S. Just noticed your name...bport wouldn't be for Brockport would it?

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: PADs

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:02 pm

jbarl1 wrote:P.S. Just noticed your name...bport wouldn't be for Brockport would it?

Sure is.

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: PADs

Postby ran12 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:36 pm

I did PAD for UG and gonna do it in law school. It's good for networking b/c they tend to host events with lawyers. Also, some good discounts from Brooks Brothers, Verizon, etc.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: PADs

Postby jbarl1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:37 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:P.S. Just noticed your name...bport wouldn't be for Brockport would it?

Sure is.


My undergrad. I miss Brockport haha

shoeshine
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: PADs

Postby shoeshine » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:47 pm

I was a member. Our chapter was a joke. We did nothing.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: PADs

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:50 pm

shoeshine wrote:I was a member. Our chapter was a joke. We did nothing.

My schools chapter offers outlines for all 1L courses from students who got As in the class. This seems like a good enough reason to join, but other than that, I dont know if I really give a shit enough to go with it.

jbarl1 wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:P.S. Just noticed your name...bport wouldn't be for Brockport would it?

Sure is.


My undergrad. I miss Brockport haha

haha Im still sort of bumming around. Afraid to leave. Love it too much.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: PADs

Postby jbarl1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:53 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
shoeshine wrote:I was a member. Our chapter was a joke. We did nothing.

My schools chapter offers outlines for all 1L courses from students who got As in the class. This seems like a good enough reason to join, but other than that, I dont know if I really give a shit enough to go with it.



I got some useful outlines from mine. They also hosted some events that were fun and had free food and booze.

jbarl1 wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:P.S. Just noticed your name...bport wouldn't be for Brockport would it?

Sure is.


My undergrad. I miss Brockport haha

bport hopeful wrote:haha Im still sort of bumming around. Afraid to leave. Love it too much.


I sadly haven't been back since I graduated in 2010, but I've still got a bunch of friends there so I have to live through them haha.
Last edited by jbarl1 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: PADs

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:54 pm

jbarl1 wrote:
I sadly haven't been back since I graduated in 2010, but I've still got a bunch of friends there so I have to live through them haha.

I see myself returning often.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: PADs

Postby jbarl1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:55 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:
I sadly haven't been back since I graduated in 2010, but I've still got a bunch of friends there so I have to live through them haha.

I see myself returning often.


Where are you going to law school?

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: PADs

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:57 pm

jbarl1 wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:
I sadly haven't been back since I graduated in 2010, but I've still got a bunch of friends there so I have to live through them haha.

I see myself returning often.


Where are you going to law school?

Pitt. Which isnt too far, and im from the next town over, so when visiting family and stuff, I will hit up the old UG.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: PADs

Postby jbarl1 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:58 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:
I sadly haven't been back since I graduated in 2010, but I've still got a bunch of friends there so I have to live through them haha.

I see myself returning often.


Where are you going to law school?

Pitt. Which isnt too far, and im from the next town over, so when visiting family and stuff, I will hit up the old UG.


Ahh yeah I'm at Penn State, but my family lives near Cortland/Ithaca, so it's tough to do it all in one trip. Damn law school always getting in my way.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest