How are you spending your time until 1L..... Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
nStiver

Bronze

Re: How are you spending your time until 1L.....

Post by nStiver » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:36 am

Just kickin it. I am having as much fun as possible, even to the point where I have reverted emotionally and begun playing video games like a teenager in between bouts of bumming it on the tennis court.

nStiver

Bronze

Post by nStiver » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:38 am

firemed wrote:Already read GTM and A Civil Whatever (it was good, but I can't remember the title). Read part of an E&E a 2L gave me. It was enough to convince me it would be a total waste of time to read a bunch now- they'll work better if I am actually taking the class and can reference.

Now I am working on getting my new student ID, getting sick at work a lot, updating my financial aid with the school, taking the introductory seminars offered by my school, reading good books (looking forward to dance of dragons), putting in a dog run, cleaning my house, playing video games, occasionally showing up to work, and generally trying to distract myself to keep myself from vomiting over the anxiety.
Fire Medic, do you play console games or PC games? Also, how far into GTM are you?

firemed

Silver

Post by firemed » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:39 am

nStiver wrote:Just kickin it. I am having as much fun as possible, even to the point where I have reverted emotionally and begun playing video games like a teenager in between bouts of bumming it on the tennis court.

You could also consider having a beer/coffee with a future classmate! :mrgreen:

ETA: Read all of GTM, and I play console games (though I will play Diablo 3 on my Mac after finals)

nStiver

Bronze

Post by nStiver » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:03 am

Hahah sorry man I have been sick as a dog for the last week and a half...some nasty tonsil infection or something like it. You should consider SC2 for MAC, I always liked SC more than the Diablo games.

firemed

Silver

Post by firemed » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:09 am

nStiver wrote:Hahah sorry man I have been sick as a dog for the last week and a half...some nasty tonsil infection or something like it. You should consider SC2 for MAC, I always liked SC more than the Diablo games.
Sorry you are sick! Get better. Try gargling with warm salt water.

Will I see you at C.L.A.S.S?

As to video games for the mac... I know if I buy SC2 before school starts I will play it in class... I will purchase no new game for my mac until after finals, and I will uninstall everything but the save files the day before spring semester starts.

Games on my console at home I might play a little, but I know me- a video game available in class would be like the crack.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nStiver

Bronze

Post by nStiver » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:46 pm

Ya man I am not worried about playing mine in class but rather in the library or during study time! And when in C.L.A.S.S.? Was there some kind of email that went out about it because I did not recieve it! My first year mentor told me about it and recomended it but I do not know when it is.

clone22

Bronze

Post by clone22 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Gym, a little GTM, a little work. Lots of drinking though. It's kind of like working out your liver in preparation for law school and the legal career in general. Gotta get it nice and hard for years of abuse ahead....

nStiver

Bronze

Post by nStiver » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:59 pm

clone22 wrote:Gym, a little GTM, a little work. Lots of drinking though. It's kind of like working out your liver in preparation for law school and the legal career in general. Gotta get it nice and hard for years of abuse ahead....
lol way to prepare man ahahha.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Buying lots of pretty things for my new apartment.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nStiver

Bronze

Post by nStiver » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:33 am

Dany wrote:Buying lots of pretty things for my new apartment.
That Stafford loan treating you right?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”