Immigration Issues Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Sheendream

New

Immigration Issues

Post by Sheendream » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:34 am

Sorry in advance for posting this under Law School FAQ, I didn't know where to ask this. I'm having trouble posting on lawstudents.ca so hopefully there's some Canadians or others who can answer my question. I am a Canadian doing my undergrad in the U.S. My girlfriend who I met down here in the states is coming to law school with me, not as a student but just to work where I go to school. I am applying to US and Canadian schools, but obviously would prefer Canadian schools as I can save 30k/year doing so. If I were to attend a Canadian school, is there any way that she could move with me as an American citizen? She will have her BS in Biology; I'm just not sure what type of documentation she needs to move to Canada and get a job, or if this is even possible seeing as we're not married. Can she apply for a temporary work visa with the intention of finding a job in Canada, or does she have to get a job FIRST and THEN get a temp work visa? I appreciate your help TLS, thank you in advance.

jess85

New

Re: Immigration Issues

Post by jess85 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:45 am

Sheendream

New

Re: Immigration Issues

Post by Sheendream » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:52 am

Thank you!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”